Advice please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by DandyA View Post
    I hear what you're saying tinytim but I have to ask ... how did you manage to "draw" ... obviously, it's impossible in a single frame of snooker or english 8-ball pool (and I think american 9-ball although I don't play it) ... and it's also impossible in a match cos they'll always be played to an odd number of frames (best of 3/5/7/9 or whatever) ...

So I guess it must have been a friendly game but I'm not sure ...
    you can end up with a draw in the bolton league as there is no respotted blacks so you get half point each,,,,,,,,,, on the subject of playing "poor/bad players" i used to suffer from this ,as i would play all my best snooker against the good players and struggle when i shouldnt against the others ,now i just treat all the players with the same respect and play every shot as if my opponent will clear up if i miss,it does take good concentration but you get used to it after a while,,,,,try and play the table not your opponent

Comment

Originally Posted by Stunrunthru View Post
      Cheers chaps.

Pool junkie - I liked your comment about treating all of your opponents like your worst enemy.

I will let you know how things progress after the season starts again.

Have good xmas and new year everyone.

kind regards
      Thank you. I am working very hard on this aspect of my game right now. Some people said to me I was too serious or too mean when i played them safe but I told them I am working on figuring out the best shot selection--if they dont like the shot they have, it probably means I am doing something right.

If I play someone I believe to be worst than by by a lot, I will try to see if I can beat him without letting him scoring any point. It is a very challenging task, no matter how bad that player may be.
      www.AuroraCues.com

Comment

Originally Posted by ste bed View Post
        so its £60 per player to enter everybody plays everyone once best of 8. so there are no teams just individual matches right. how many people enter.
        yes 24 players, not sure if this is aloud but here it is:-

http://www.phoenixcuesports.com/comp...-open-pool.htm

Comment

Working...
        X