Breathing causes the cue to go offline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breathing causes the cue to go offline

I have a bad habit of inhaling (with my nose) during backswing. It causes upper body movement. Which dramatically affects my accuracy.

How do you cope with this guys? It's natural to breath and so very hard to make not breathing a part of subconscious routine.
    Any ideas?

I used to do the "photographers' breathing" technique of holding your breath just for the cue delivery but now I just breathe naturally and unconsciously as I was focusing too much on the hold.
    Maybe you are focusing too much on this and it is putting you off and it has become exaggerated.
    I hope a coach or two will come on here and give you their thoughts on this aspect of your game.
    enjoy
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Nic Barrow recommends breathing out fully as you get down to the shot and not breathing in until after you have struck the cue ball.

Comment

Originally Posted by mwaring View Post
        Nic Barrow recommends breathing out fully as you get down to the shot and not breathing in until after you have struck the cue ball.
        Darren Morgan would asphyxiate himself of he did this. I tried watching the seniors final between him and Jimmy but it was like watching a geriatric chameleon stalking a blow fly with one wing
        Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
        but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

try breathing in as your about to get down then slowly exhale as you do your feathers and final delivery

Comment

Every time I watch John Higgins he looks like he's going to burst a blood vessel while he's doing his feathering, so is it because he's holding his breath ? as far as I can see all the other players look perfectly relaxed while feathering so they must be breathing normally.
            Snooker is a game of simple shots played to perfection, Joe Davies

Comment

Originally Posted by mwaring View Post
              Lol. I'd pass out as I'm too slow!
              Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
              Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
              Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

Working...
              X