Line up top break

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Csmith View Post

I have a 147 in the line up, only once but I'll take it. And in the T routine, I don't honestly know what my high is. I've had some clearances but I've only recently started counting regularly. Other than that I've had another 147 in the cross routine (set up like an X). No maxes or clearances in proper frames, unfortunately.
    A147 in the X routine is very impressive.
    This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
    https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post

A147 in the X routine is very impressive.
      Thanks! I spent most of the year working on it until I finally got it. The thing that really helped was I watched a guy on youtube do it and I noticed how close he had the white pass the reds beneath the pink. It helped me keep the right angle whereas before I kept getting too low on the reds and then I had to resort to the reds in the side at often less than ideal angles.

Comment

Line ups get a bit dull - does anyone else remember doing 'the clock' ?

the white goes on the blue spot and you have a circle with alternating reds and colours around it - you have to pot the lot without leaving the circle, it is doable at random, if very difficult, but to do them in order imho is impossible!
        Last edited by ADR147; 24 April 2020, 12:47 AM.
        https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
          Line ups get a bit dull - does anyone else remember doing 'the clock' ?

the white goes on the blue spot and you have a circle with alternating reds and colours around it - you have to pot the lot without leaving the circle, it is doable at random, if very difficult, but to do them in order imho is impossible!
          Never heard of that one , how bigger a circle would you normally use ?

Comment

Originally Posted by Starsky View Post

Never heard of that one , how bigger a circle would you normally use ?
            roughly halfway from the blue spot to the side pocket.
            https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Only one lineup clearance ever so far, a 134.
              Wish I could do more, but I leave myself far too many recovery shots...even with that many options.

Had a few 100s also on T variant.

I usually setup 2 reds below black, 5 between black and pink, and 8 more between pink and blue.

Of course, this is all on tables I know very well.

On unknown tables, even if they may be easier, I'd struggle to reach high numbers.

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
                roughly halfway from the blue spot to the side pocket.
                Thanks for that .

When I get back playing again I’ll give it a go.
                I guess to make it harder you can make the circle smaller.

Comment

Never counted high breaks on line ups. It’s more about the quality.
                  Try clearing the line up using no cushions or all cushions.
                  You can also try clearing it using one colour for the whole line up, I’ve done all blacks and all pinks so far.
                  My favourite routine though is putting all 15 balls in a line the length of the table and clearing them in order using no cushions.
                  Great for tight CB control.

Comment

I saw this recently on twitter put up by Chucky Prestion (NI player)

Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

How do you guys hold it together when your close to beating a previous high break? I’ve been struggling on my mini lineup with 9 reds (tricky with only two cushions and one pocket on my half built table), I’ve got as far as 6 reds 6 blacks then the realisation hits that I could get all 9 and it all goes Pete Tong!

Comment

Originally Posted by Danger Steve View Post
                        How do you guys hold it together when your close to beating a previous high break? I’ve been struggling on my mini lineup with 9 reds (tricky with only two cushions and one pocket on my half built table), I’ve got as far as 6 reds 6 blacks then the realisation hits that I could get all 9 and it all goes Pete Tong!
                        If you ever played Atari Steve, when younger or something similar like Mario Bros, where there are levels? You keep getting to that level where you fall but learn a little each time? See if you can press "The default button" in your head, when you reach the 6x6 point. Bank it!! and carry on like you are starting from the first Red! (Its a mental trick ) And of course.... Try try, try again!
                        ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Originally Posted by Danger Steve View Post
                          Concentrate on my cueing.
                          Make sure you finish the routine, if it goes wrong on red seven, replace it and play that shot until you know it and finish the line, that way you will get used to completing it and it won't be a big thing.
                          This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                          https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                            Concentrate on my cueing.
                            Make sure you finish the routine, if it goes wrong on red seven, replace it and play that shot until you know it and finish the line, that way you will get used to completing it and it won't be a big thing.
                            That’s a great bit of advice about finishing the routine. That way there will less emphasis on finishing at that point as there would be if your keep setting up again at the point of failure.
                            The flip side is that if you are also struggling under pressure when playing matches it could be a good idea to bring pressure into your practice sessions by setting yourself targets etc.

Getting a pre point routine is also good when under pressure . I didn’t even realize I had one until recently and had naturally put it into my play from an early age. A lot of different sports have pre point routines .
                            Last edited by Starsky; 5 May 2020, 08:22 PM.

Comment

I’ll give those tips a try and see how I get on!

I’ve also been recording myself (sad I know) so I can look back and study where I might be going right or wrong. I have noticed this has added some pressure to the line up, which is helpful in a way because I concentrate more, especially on a pre shot routine.

Highest break is 53 at the moment, I’d like to get a 70+
                              Last edited by Danger Steve; 5 May 2020, 10:15 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by Starsky View Post

That’s a great bit of advice about finishing the routine. That way there will less emphasis on finishing at that point as there would be if your keep setting up again at the point of failure.
                                The flip side is that if you are also struggling under pressure when playing matches it could be a good idea to bring pressure into your practice sessions by setting yourself targets etc.

Getting a pre point routine is also good when under pressure . I didn’t even realize I had one until recently and had naturally put it into my play from an early age. A lot of different sports have pre point routines .
                                Could you elaborate on the pre point routine??

Comment

Working...
                                X