One point separates Budd and Blake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One point separates Budd and Blake

LONDONER Ronnie Blake’s first win on the EASB Regional Junior Tour South took him to within one point of rankings leader James Budd.

Mitcham-based Blake avenged his 2-0 defeat in the final at title-rival Budd’s home-town club in Fareham in September with a 2-1 victory in the second leg at Cambridge Snooker Centre.

However, one extra ranking point is awarded for any frame won in a knockout defeat.

Budd was rewarded for making the trip to East Anglia two days after returning from holiday in Turkey.

“I didn’t play great in the final,” said the Cuestars South of England Under-21 Gold Tour player. “But I was pleased to get that far as I haven’t practised much recently.”

Meanwhile, Cambridge lad Jonny Mutch, now in his second season on the under-20 tour, progressed from the group stages for the first time. The 15-year-old was the only player to take a frame off Blake in the group stages.

The third leg of six is on Saturday, January 24, at a venue yet to be confirmed.

Tim Dunkley
    EASB Media Officer South and World Snooker coach

The English Association of Snooker & Billiards is the national governing body for the amateur game in this country. For more information about competitions, rankings lists and results, see www.easb.co.uk.
    http://www.snooker-coach.co.uk

Nice lad Ronnie , has come on massively in the last 18 months after getting some regular coaching .

Really puts a massive amount of time in on the practice table as well .
    Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Working...
    X