Losing a frame after making a 60 break

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Losing a frame after making a 60 break

A FORDINGBRIDGE teenager recorded his highest competitive break of 60 on his Cuestars South Wilts Snooker League debut - and still lost the frame.

Anthony Rice reckons he was a “little unfortunate” to have left Salisbury Snooker Club empty handed after his 5-0 whitewash in the season opener.

Neil Herd (Frome, Somerset) took that particular frame by clearing the colours and winning a re-spotted black.

“He out match-played me and deserved the win,” admitted Rice.

“(But) I do feel that I could have won a few frames and was perhaps a little unfortunate not to.”

The 17-year-old added: “He really is a phenomenal player. However, I have learned a valuable lesson that at this standard a 60 does not necessarily seal the frame.”

Tim Dunkley (World Snooker coach)
    http://www.snooker-coach.co.uk

Originally Posted by snookerdad View Post
    A FORDINGBRIDGE teenager recorded his highest competitive break of 60 on his Cuestars South Wilts Snooker League debut - and still lost the frame.

Anthony Rice reckons he was a “little unfortunate” to have left Salisbury Snooker Club empty handed after his 5-0 whitewash in the season opener.

Neil Herd (Frome, Somerset) took that particular frame by clearing the colours and winning a re-spotted black.

“He out match-played me and deserved the win,” admitted Rice.

“(But) I do feel that I could have won a few frames and was perhaps a little unfortunate not to.”

The 17-year-old added: “He really is a phenomenal player. However, I have learned a valuable lesson that at this standard a 60 does not necessarily seal the frame.”

Tim Dunkley (World Snooker coach)
    HI its not what you make its what you leave next time try to put some colours on the cushion to avoid losing the frame

Comment

I have actually bettered this as a quite number of players on here will have done similar too - I made 67 potted the black went in off on the black which would have been 74 and the guy I played - a very good player needless to say cleared up with all blacks to beat me on the black - frame took three visits he broke I made 67 I think then went in off and he cleared. For me probably it was the best frame I ever played and lost.

Also one of the best lessons I ever had in snooker I think - I also think it will do that young lad more good than it would if he had won that frame in the long run - these things stick with you.

~note the above advice is good
      Last edited by Byrom; 28 November 2014, 02:27 PM.

Comment

I had a 68 in my local pro-am a couple of weeks ago and lost the frame. It was handicapped though. I was giving away 15 a frame.
        WPBSA Level 2 - 1st4Sport Coach
        Available for personalised one-to-one coaching sessions
        --------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally Posted by tedisbill View Post
          I had a 68 in my local pro-am a couple of weeks ago and lost the frame. It was handicapped though. I was giving away 15 a frame.
          Yep sucks snooker sometimes - on the plus side its great when you win one from behind that you had no right to win.

Comment

Working...
          X