Harrison's grand gesture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harrison's grand gesture

A WILTSHIRE snooker ace is planning to battle mental and physical exhaustion for 24 hours next weekend to raise £1,000.

However, this green-baize snookerthon is not a bid by Hawkeridge teenager Ben Harrison to finance his dreams of turning professional - but to help others less fortunate.

All monies pledged will be donated to Macmillan Cancer Support.

The 18-year-old will break off at his home club, Player’s in Westbury, at noon on Friday, January 8, and continue playing non-stop until noon the next day.

“Macmillan has helped a lot of people close to me that have had cancer,” explained Ben. “It’s a great foundation.”

“I just want to give something back.”

Ben, who has already pocketed £450 towards his target, organised the event himself.

On the feeder tours for the professional circuit, Ben is currently fifth on the English Association of Snooker & Billiards (EASB) Pro-Ticket Tour and joint 52nd on the Pontin’s International Open Series.

He is also tenth on the EASB Premier Junior Tour, which is restricted to the country’s top-48 under-21s, and third on the Cuestars South of England Championship Tour.

Last April, Ben finished runner-up to former professional Michael White in the Lt Col Walter Rowley OBE Junior Star of the Future 16-20 age group at Pontin’s Prestatyn Sands Holiday Centre, North Wales.

To sponsor Ben, ring 07966 079436.

Tim Dunkley (World Snooker coach)
    http://www.snooker-coach.co.uk

Its easy playing for 24 hours ive done it several times back in the day. Unfortunately I cant say I ever did so for a charity which is great stuff.
    Always play snooker with a smile on your face...You never know when you'll pot your last ball.

China Open 2009 Fantasy Game Winner.
    Shanghai Masters 2009 Fantasy Game Winner.

Comment

Working...
    X