Free junior snooker in Westbury

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free junior snooker in Westbury

A WILTSHIRE club is offering junior players free snooker until the end of the year.

Player’s in Westbury plays host to a Saturday morning Cuestars session which, when it was based at the now closed Trowbridge Snooker Club, saw one young potter progress to the professional ranks.

Adam Wicheard, 26, who lives in Trowbridge, is now ranked 92nd in the world.

And another exceptional club member, Ben Harrison, from Hawkeridge, is tipped by many to turn pro soon.

Cuestars organisers Mike Greig and Steve White are now nurturing the careers of the next generation.

A prolific century-breaker himself, Greig was coached by Frank Adamson who works with three-time world champion Ronnie O’Sullivan.

Greig, who has been running the junior session for 16 years, said: “I learnt a lot from him. It means I can not only tell juniors, I can show them.”

Free sessions for boys and girls aged ten to 21 are held on Saturdays between 10.30am-1pm. The youngsters receive coaching and play competitions.

The 11-table club has plenty of free parking.

For more details, ring Player’s on 01373 858270.

Tim Dunkley (World Snooker coach)
    http://www.snooker-coach.co.uk
Working...
X