Team with an average age of 12 in adult league

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Team with an average age of 12 in adult league

A REMARKABLE snooker team with an average age of 12 has made an unbeaten start to life in an adult league.

Young potters from Copnor Snooker Club made their debut in the Portsmouth & District Billiards & Snooker Association’s Division 4 with a draw and a win.

Eight-year-old Jamie Wilson was the star of the show as Copnor Cuestars collected a 6-6 draw on their travels at Cowplain B.

Wilson picked up a comfortable 2-0 victory. Dan Compton, 12, played very solidly after some early nerves and drew. Brad Lane, 12, was beaten but had chances to win the first frame against Cowplain’s best player.

Another 12-year-old, Ben Tillison, tied his match with a doubled pink after conceding two snookers when 24 points ahead with 13 on.

Copnor’s 15-year-old veteran skipper Noel Mooney drew after losing the first frame on the black. And Luke Dixon, also 15, recovered from 1-0 down to square the match.

Team manager Pascal Richard, who runs the Cuestars Section at Copnor, was naturally delighted.

He said: “It was really pleasing that three of the lads won the second frame having lost the first. There’s no heads dropping in our team!”

However, this was no flash in the pan. Like any good football team, the youngsters draw away and win at home.

On Tuesday this week, they accounted for Al’s Club B (formerly Porchester Snooker Club) 7-5.

Although Wilson lost, there were wins for Lane and Compton. And Tillison, Mooney and Dixon all drew again.

“It’s a good start,” said Richard.

Tim Dunkley (World Snooker coach)
    http://www.snooker-coach.co.uk

Hi Tim,

This is Danny O'Driscoll, it's great to see them in the league they are in the same league as us i play for Craneswater R now.

I reckon the youngster's will finish 3rd or 4th in the league at the end of the season, and i know many team's are dreading playing

them haha.

Comment

Working...
    X