Frames to sponsor Cuestars tournament

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frames to sponsor Cuestars tournament

A COULSDON snooker club frequented by a host of green baize stars on a daily basis has not taken its eye off the grass-roots game.

Seven-time world champion Stephen Hendry and national treasure Jimmy White often practise at Frames Sports Bar along with resident professionals Marco Fu, Kurt Maflin and Michael Georgiou.

Tony ‘Tornado’ Drago and Chinese sensation Liang Wenbo are also weekly visitors at the Brighton Road club.

Despite rubbing shoulders with these household names, Tony Thompson, who bought Frames in January, 2012, has not got his head in the clouds.

The club, which has a junior pool and snooker section boasting more than 25 boys and girls aged seven and upwards, will sponsor a leg of next season’s Cuestars South of England Under-21 Gold, Silver and Bronze Tours.

Thompson said: “I believe in getting behind the junior and amateur game as much as possible because without the youngsters the game has no future.

“I have always had a great passion for snooker. Many of my friends were top amateurs and pro snooker players back in the late 80s and early 90s. So I never really left the scene.

“The dream was to always own my own club and produce stars of our own.”

The 48-year-old, in partnership with world number 14 Fu, manages the careers of Maflin and Georgiou.

For more information about Frames Sports Bar, go to www.framessportsbar.co.uk.

Tim Dunkley (World Snooker coach)
    http://www.snooker-coach.co.uk

I know i am biased , but what Tony has done with the Club in the last 4 years is nothing short of amazing .

The Club was on its backside when he bought it , and now through a massive amount of hard work it is a superb set up .

You walk in and there are players everywhere , young and old . It's great to see some of the youngsters coming through . And i am really looking forward to see how they progress further .

Tony will tell you that he is too busy to practice ............ but don't believe him .......he still managed to beat me 2 sets to 1 the other night !!

Also , it is a strange feeling when you are playing and Jimmy White and the rest are on adjacent tables playing as well !!!

Keep up the great work Tony .......and the rest of the team .
    Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Just looked at the website and seen the staff, i'm joining.
      #jeSuisByrom

Comment

Ha ha......yes there are a few very nice bar staff .....female ones !!
        Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Working...
        X