How to upload Pictures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post

Let me ask the new techie if he has any advice.
    It might add to the memory charges by the hosts but it seems really sensible if the guys want to build a great source of information to have images in house so the risk is minor.

Obviously if people upload 'as is' eg at 6mb per image it might be a storage issue but it's simple enough to resize pixels to 600/880 through paintshop that is free or even something on the website that automatically adjusts the size to 600.

People love pictures so it's a shame we lost so many even though it was out of our control.

Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
    Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
    Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

Originally Posted by Shockerz View Post

It might add to the memory charges by the hosts but it seems really sensible if the guys want to build a great source of information to have images in house so the risk is minor.

Obviously if people upload 'as is' eg at 6mb per image it might be a storage issue but it's simple enough to resize pixels to 600/880 through paintshop that is free or even something on the website that automatically adjusts the size to 600.

People love pictures so it's a shame we lost so many even though it was out of our control.
      you would think so but I have dealt with and helped many people over the years (at work as well as here) on how to do this "simple" change

message sent to Techie
      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

It would be safer to use your own google drive account, i tried setting images on there to share on a forum but never got it work properly.
        It surely would be better then using a image hosting site.

Comment

Test
          https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/Q2...-no?authuser=0
          Last edited by Delphi; 23 July 2021, 04:03 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by Delphi View Post
            sorry, nothing showing

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post

sorry, nothing showing
              Yes, i know, gave up, can't get it to work with both google drive and photos, pretty sure i got it to work google photo's before.

Comment

Should show a picture now, from google photos

Comment

it does now
                  lovely, dinning-set you have

what setting did you change?

Comment

It's all a bit complicated, i think you need to have
                    1- a google account (obviously)
                    2-a folder on google photos that is set to public shared.
                    3- Picture in that folder
                    4-Get the image url with rightclick on the picture
                    5-Add it to a post here by manually typing the '[IMG]' and '[/IMG]' tags (without quotes)

I'd suggest someone else that has a google account to try it too in this thread.

Comment

IMG_20210723_202002_808.jpg
                      Last edited by Cue crafty; 23 July 2021, 07:25 PM.
                      ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

I can see photo from CC but not from Delphi.

Comment

IMG didn't work for me but the picture upload did.
                          ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

As some of you know we have recently taken over the hosting of this forum, initially we have been concentrating on the important stuff as there were some issue to how the database was setup, this was effecting the performance of the site. This has now all be fixed so we will over the next few weeks be looking at the front end a little more.

Smilies have been fixed but we don't have the old images that were used in any of the backups we were provided, these were not working on the previous hosting setup either but I have fixed the standard smilies and also added the plugin that works with this software to give you more options. (you can find this is the post editor)

Images are always an issue, it's not just the storage but also the bandwidth they use so I will be looking at ways to improve this in the near future.

Comment

Originally Posted by Rapidweb View Post

Images are always an issue, it's not just the storage but also the bandwidth they use so I will be looking at ways to improve this in the near future.
                              If you could find a solution I think it would be a massive benefit to those that want to share what they are up to with the forum.

In the past we had a lot of cue/case makers sharing which generated much traffic and was a great source of viewing when searching for useful information on 'how to' overcome of learn what others are doing.

What was great is you could follow some members journey from novice to expert level in pictures, obviously this was all lost.

If the forum gets really popular again then bandwidth will obviously be a growing problem with it but at least it will be for the right reasons.

If you look at all those popular contributors on the old forum they haven't disappeared from here and gone onto Facebook, they are just mostly lost.

If a decent method can be agreed on image sizes (pixels/Mb) then the regular guys wanting to share will learn whatever method is required if the images are in house. For me, I have lots to share but after seeing what happened to others regarding photobucket I don't think I could handle using a 3rd party and seeing so much work disappear.

Good luck with the issue and I hope you find an in house solution as I think it will certainly help the forum to have a few long term contributors back showing what they are up to and results of any of their work.

Glad there is some fresh eyes helping to bring the forum back to life.
                              Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
                              Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
                              Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

Originally Posted by Shockerz View Post
                                Glad there is some fresh eyes helping to bring the forum back to life.
                                ^+1
                                not just fresh but knowledgeable and experienced with vBulletin

Comment

Working...
                                X