Looking for new partner (Surrey)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for new partner (Surrey)

Hiya - First post here, just started to play snooker having been more of a pool player through the years. Played snooker on the odd occasion through the years but really looking to pick it up regularly, been hooked since watching the World Championship last year in lockdown!!

As I said not played with any real consistency over the years so still at a fairly beginner level. Was always a very good pool player as I had a table in my house. Im near the Camberley area but up for anywhere around the M3/Surrey area if anyone would be interested. Played in Farnborough the last few times.

Would be up for playing weekly as I really want to raise my level!

Welcome to TSF
    Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

welcome to TSF
      I am down the road in Ascot/Bracknell area

once a few things settle down maybe we can met up?
      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

We need to get down to Frames again Dean .........that's if my Opticians appointment goes well today .......otherwise i will have to retire gracefully from the game

Comment

good luck for today Neil
          I have been meaning to go to the opticians for 3 years for checkup (from the neck-up)
          I know my prescription has changed and need new lenses
          Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Don’t give up Neil. Just continue to do the best you can. I remember the great John Spencer carried on with failing eyesight. He said he relied on muscle memory to pot the balls.

Comment

Welcome Jayr90. Stick in at the snooker. Will make you a better pool player.

Comment

Originally Posted by Nifty50 View Post
                Don’t give up Neil. Just continue to do the best you can. I remember the great John Spencer carried on with failing eyesight. He said he relied on muscle memory to pot the balls.
                Cheers ........my eyesight has changed , standard . Been wearing glasses for over 30 years . So no issues there .

Got a cloud / floaters going across my right eye which are normal as you get older . So hoping new lenses in my snooker glasses will cure the failing eyesight . But won't cure the floaters .

Back on topic :

Jayr90 : Check out Frames in Coulsdon , Surrey .

4 Star Tables and another 12 [i think ! ] good club tables .

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                  welcome to TSF
                  I am down the road in Ascot/Bracknell area

once a few things settle down maybe we can met up?
                  Cheers Dean, sounds good to me

Comment

Originally Posted by Neil Taperell View Post

Cheers ........my eyesight has changed , standard . Been wearing glasses for over 30 years . So no issues there .

Got a cloud / floaters going across my right eye which are normal as you get older . So hoping new lenses in my snooker glasses will cure the failing eyesight . But won't cure the floaters .

Back on topic :

Jayr90 : Check out Frames in Coulsdon , Surrey .

4 Star Tables and another 12 [i think ! ] good club tables .
                    Thanks Neil, will check it out. Good luck!!

Comment

@JAYR9O

Hi. I'd be up for a game with you in the near future. I also play regularly at Frames in Coulsdon. I echo what Neil says. All the club tables have been re-clothed during the closure period. And they play beautifully, and fast.
                      cheers.

Comment

Originally Posted by Neil Taperell View Post
                        We need to get down to Frames again Dean .........that's if my Opticians appointment goes well today .......otherwise i will have to retire gracefully from the game
                        That was on 18/6 Neil, How did it go? No news is good news I hope in this case.
                        Snooker is a game of simple shots played to perfection, Joe Davies

Comment

Hi John , Thanks for asking .

i collected them on Friday .
                          Too busy this week , so next week I will give them a go .
                          obviously tried them on and them seem ok .
                          my right eye appears to be better with my varifocals as well. Still a few floaters but not as bad as before .
                          one of the reasons I was having problems, was that my eyesight had actually improved !
                          and my right eye has improved more than my left eye . Hence the issue with that eye .

Now just need to find my cue !
                          Last edited by Neil Taperell; 4 July 2021, 02:07 PM.

Comment

That’s good news Neil ,I’m sure you’ll soon get back in to it .

Comment

Good news indeed Neil.
                              Snooker is a game of simple shots played to perfection, Joe Davies

Comment

Working...
                              X