Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which chalk

Masters, triangle, magic......
    but definitely not pioneer(I have two but never use it) and taom (too expensive)
    ps: i am a beginner.

I use Tweenten Triangle chalk but only the Spuce colour, no other
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

I do NOT mean the expensive ProChalk, I mean the Triangle Spruce

https://i.ibb.co/qsK9BXv/Tweeten-Triangle-Chalk-All.jpg
      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

I use the spruce triangle, Russian Magic chalk, and Predator 1080 (predator only comes in blue so probably not okay for a club snooker table). All are good.

Comment

Triangle or Master for me. Better to go with the colour that matches the cloth. For a higher budget, the Russian magic chalk is very good. Just chalk it every 20 shots or so.
          Last edited by fkhan; 27 June 2021, 05:58 PM.

Comment

Taom is ridiculously expensive and only an idiot would pay ?15 for a block of chalk. It's what I use.
            This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
            https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

I use Master grey, got some National Tournament spruce if anyone is interested in trying it. 9 blocks left out of a box of a dozen, I tried it it but found it a bit powdery, need to chalk the cue every shot and that's something I tend to forget once I'm rushing around the table.

http://https://i.ibb.co/wQr89QF/IMG-20210628-151312.jpg
              Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
              but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

I got bought Taom Pyro for father's Day ( thought I'd ask for it as I wouldn't buy it myself) absolute crap, miscued lots, left big chunks of residue on the the cue ball..... Told my kids I love it.....
                ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Anyone tried the Ding chalk yet? I see Greenbaize are selling it now.
                  ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Yes ,the Ding chalk is a Taum in a square block ,Dave my mate is selling it and useing it for the last few weeks ,if you like the blue Pyro it’s very similar ,no chalk mess or kicks and seems to grip the tip well .Like the Pyro it’s soft ,a bit softer than the normal green .If you like the Taum range then you will get on fine with it ,as far as I’m concerned there’s no other chalk worth useing ,all the Taum stuff is miles better than anything else presently on the market..

Comment

Thanks Mikee, I'm currently using V2 green, seems a nice combo with the tip I'm using. I've noticed the price seems to be dropping by a couple of quid lately so hopefully more people will try it. Me and a regular playing partner both use it and on the new cloths, after a session it's brilliant to see the table looking almost as clean as when you started, just a few crumbs of chalk instead of streak marks in all directions!

Gotta be better for people's health/breathing not having so much chalk dust in the air when brushing tables.
                      ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

The tables at our club have just been reclothed, me and my mate played friday night with my freshly cleaned SC balls, I use Master grey and he uses Triangle green, no miscues and no kicks at all in eight frames, work it out
                        Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
                        but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

Originally Posted by vmax View Post
                          The tables at our club have just been reclothed, me and my mate played friday night with my freshly cleaned SC balls, I use Master grey and he uses Triangle green, no miscues and no kicks at all in eight frames, work it out
                          The Balls Esmeralda!! The balls!!!!!!
                          ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
                            I got bought Taom Pyro for father's Day ( thought I'd ask for it as I wouldn't buy it myself) absolute crap, miscued lots, left big chunks of residue on the the cue ball..... Told my kids I love it.....
                            If you still have it, try again with a completly clean tip. The chunks are only build, when "normal" and this chalk are coming together. You need to remove all stains of old chalk before using Taom. At least, that was my experience and the answer from Taom, when I asked with identical issue.

I can say now, I do not regret switching, even though my play did not improve magically But the table is much cleaner and the white has close to no stains at all. When playing an evening with a partner that uses Taom as well, the table has no visible chalk rests.

In addition:
                            I payed 15€ for my first Taom, that was much, but the only way to get it. The second I asked in the club and we bought together a bigger pack, that was 10€ each. And they last longer than a year, if you do not break or lose them. The first one was lost (or stolen) at a tournament, the second is now close to 2 years usage, with half a year corona break. The spare one is untouched ever since.

What is really annoying, that there is only few clips available. I printed one with my 3D printer, that is quite okay. Fits on my old magnetic belt clip and does its job for a long time now.

Comment

You only get a nasty blob of taom on the cue ball when you mis cue ,then it’s takes a good scrape to get it off ,apart from that it’s fine ,just takes getting used to .Playing on a clean table with out kicks far outweighs the negatives IMO

Comment

Working...
                              X