Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ear piece radios

Hi all,hope everyone is well.
    im sure this question must’ve been asked before it I can’t find any answers(!),it’s re the radios at the tournaments.
    is there any way you can attach normal iPod style earphones to the earpieces,or can you get the signal in there from other sports devices? For an example the cricket radios they sell you can attach normal earphones to it,so do you think if I brought that it would pick up the signal? Reason I ask is I find those single ear pieces too clunky and not the most enjoyable in one ear only. Many thanks in advance for any replies!! Gav

Don’t think they will work ,We go to the crucible every year ,and if you take last years ear piece it won’t work as they change the signal so you have to buy a new one

Comment

Thanks for the info mikee! Most appreciated.

Comment

I had some at Welsh Open over the years and found that "last year's" did work the following year but usually not for long - and then you had to buy a new one , as Mikee said, they seemed to make changes enough for old one not to work.

I am sure if you have knowledge in radio comms you can scan and pick up the signal, I doubt it is encrypted
        Way over my head though
        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Same here!!
          thanks for the reply!!

Comment

Following on from this, (didn't think I should start a new thread - hope that's ok)....

Watching the Northern Irish this week I notice they are completely new ear pieces. Seem to be loud judging by the ref often having to tell people to turn them down.

Anyone know if the FM frequency has also changed on them?

If so, and this is a long shot, does anyone know the new frequency? Last season's radios (red ones) can alter from a pre-set FM snooker use radio to a normal tune-able radio by pressing both buttons at once. I'd like to tune in last season's red version to the new frequency if I can get it.

Hope someone knows.

Comment

Hiya!
              at Milton Keynes last years red ones worked fine. Plus red doesn’t show up the dirt and age like the white ones will!

Comment

That's great news, ta.

Comment

Update! They changed the frequency(or whatever they do to make a few extra £) for the Bolton tournament. One lady bought a new set in MK and they said it was for the season,but refused to change it at Bolton on the weekend. Shame they have to be like that really.
                  ,as surely the battery only has a limited life anyway

Comment

Originally Posted by Discodai View Post
                    Update! They changed the frequency(or whatever they do to make a few extra £) for the Bolton tournament. One lady bought a new set in MK and they said it was for the season,but refused to change it at Bolton on the weekend. Shame they have to be like that really.
                    ,as surely the battery only has a limited life anyway
                    we used to take a strip of replacement batteries to Wales with us, then they made the units harder to open...
                    and as you say I also think they changed the frequencies
                    Last time I went, the ear pieces only picked up Eurosport and none of the BBC commentary.
                    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

I went to the Masters at the weekend and noticed this. It's ridiculous in my view that you have to buy a different ear piece for every season. Not to mention what it's doing to the environment. Anyway. There's a way around this. I have one of the old earpieces from around 2007/2008 world champs and it's a manual tuner unlike the new ones which have channels preset E1,E2,E3. If you can get a manual tuner then you're good for any season. I used my tuner at the weekend and it worked a treat. I also used it last the last couple of world champs without a problem.

Comment

An excellent reply!! Thanks for that info,I’m sure many on here appreciate it. The cricket ones work forever so a shame this needs to be done. Plus different ear pieces in the crowd looks a lot better on tele than everyone wearing the same like cybermen or something. Had a great day at the final yday by the way! Back to work and reality today tho! Gav

Comment

What do the ear pieces run on Is it fm? Would an older type tyranny radio be able to tune into it.
                          This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                          https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Well the old earpiece radio I have starts scanning at 60Mhz and goes up from there. I don't know what the top end is. It's likely that they broadcast in the 60-80 range because anything higher than that, youre starting to get into your commercial radio bands.

I've been looking on the web for one like my own that has the 'scan' button. Haven't seen one yet.

If anyone has any success finding one let me know.

I'm still very annoyed over this tbh. It's not the cost that's the issue for me, it's the principle and the impact on the environment. no wonder the planet is fu**ed.

Comment

There's another way around it, if you want to listen to the tv commentators then stay home and watch it on the tv 😉
                              Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
                              but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

Working...
                              X