Greetings from Ontario Canada

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greetings from Ontario Canada

HI, my name is Ron and I have been a snooker fan for over 30 years. I took up the game when I was in my 20's and thoroughly enjoy playing. A friend of mine told me about this site and how entertaining it is.

Welcome to TSF .

what cue do you use ?
    Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

I have a John Parris cue

Comment

Hi Ron,

Welcome to the forum.

How's the snooker in Canada ? Many clubs etc or is pool more popular as in America.

Thanks,
        Dougie.

Comment

there are still places to play snooker in Toronto and some surrounding areas, but the popularity is not as big as pool on small tables. I haven't played in a few years, but hoping to get back on the table soon.

Comment

Welcome to the site Ron.
            If you have any snooker related questions feel free to ask. I am sure someone will be able to help.

Comment

Welcome to the forum Ron.
              I’m currently reading an early Thorburn autobiography which paints a very interesting picture of snooker in the 70’s and 80’s in Canada .
              It’s a pity that interest in snooker never has faded away.

Comment

Hi Starsky, I had the pleasure of meeting Thorburn twice while I lived in Toronto. There was a snooker hall called The Academy of Spherical Arts (since closed) where participated in a match with three other pros. He signed a copy of his book for me, wish I still had it. He was the reason I took up the game.

Comment

Originally Posted by snookerfan64 View Post
                  Hi Starsky, I had the pleasure of meeting Thorburn twice while I lived in Toronto. There was a snooker hall called The Academy of Spherical Arts (since closed) where participated in a match with three other pros. He signed a copy of his book for me, wish I still had it. He was the reason I took up the game.
                  OmaMiesta what happened dude?
                  βšͺ πŸ”΄πŸŸ‘πŸŸ’πŸŸ€πŸ”΅πŸ’—βš«πŸ•³οΈπŸ˜Ž

Comment

Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post

OmaMiesta what happened dude?
                    Hey man,

Im still around.....been a little busy with work and life but I still love the game and play here and there

How you been?

Comment

Originally Posted by snookerfan64 View Post
                      I have to say his book i really enjoyed his book .
                      That’s good that you met him and especially as you took the game up because of him .
                      I remember as a kid in the mid 80’s having given to me a video of his 147. I watched that over and over again but must admit that like many kids at the time I wanted to play like Jimmy White

Comment

I always liked Cliff Thorburn ,can’t imagine anyone wanting to play like him though

Comment

Originally Posted by OmaMiesta View Post

Hey man,

Im still around.....been a little busy with work and life but I still love the game and play here and there

How you been?
                          Ahh that's good to know, yeh life can get in the way and slow us down but nice to hear you still have an interest in the game.

I'm good, I have more time to play these days which is great. Bonus of getting older.
                          βšͺ πŸ”΄πŸŸ‘πŸŸ’πŸŸ€πŸ”΅πŸ’—βš«πŸ•³οΈπŸ˜Ž

Comment

Hi all
                            just thought I’d pitch in and say I am the very lucky and proud owner of Cliff Thorburn 147 Adam cue he used in 1983. I had a terrific conversation with the man about the cue and break what a true gentleman

Comment

Welcome ron.

Comment

Working...
                              X