Taking up snooker again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taking up snooker again

Hi, after not lifting a cue for roughly 18 years I’m going to try again. I was an ok standard back then and liked the old soft blue diamond tips before they became harder and inconsistent. I wondered if there were any softish tips out there that anyone could recommend? Thanks

I've heard great things about Century G1s/G2s from people who have used them. Thinking of picking them up myself after I've tried out my super soft ADR147.
    Dublin, Ireland • English pool (WPA)
    PLAYING CUE (MAIN): Custom Jason Owen - #1384 (one-piece • 57" • 8.4mm • 17oz)
    PLAYING CUE (BACKUP): Custom Peradon (one-piece • 57" • 8.7mm • 17.5oz)
    BREAK CUE: Custom Jason Owen (one-piece • 58" • 10mm • 16oz)​

Comment

Cheers, i’ll have a look at them

Comment

I was the same back in the day, after trying a few (ha!) tips, after being pointed in the direction from a friend on here, I found that Mike Wooldridge Supertips have come back into their own again and I have not looked back.
        Ok they may not be "soft" as you would think but like you that is what I "was looking for" as I hate a "dink" hard tip , and these had that sound and "feel" I was looking for

let us know how you get on
        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by Cueby119 View Post
          Hi, after not lifting a cue for roughly 18 years I’m going to try again. I was an ok standard back then and liked the old soft blue diamond tips before they became harder and inconsistent. I wondered if there were any softish tips out there that anyone could recommend? Thanks
          Try an Elmaster Pro soft. Excellent tips and seem hold there shape very well.

Comment

Cheers will have a look at those too

Comment

As a long time Elk user ,I moved over to the century G3 when I got my new cue in December ,plays like an Elkmaster with out having to keep changing tips to find a good one G1 and 2 are supposed to be good for players that prefer a softer tip .Mines keeping perfect shape
              Last edited by mikee; 25 January 2022, 08:28 AM.

Comment

Yeah looks like these are the ones to go for thanks

Comment

Buffalo Blue Diamond…sold on eBay sold by ADR147

Comment

Cheers I’ve ordered 3 of these to try before I try the g1’s as they also get a good write up

Comment

Working...
                    X