Making a return

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Making a return

Hi all, I am 33 and used to play religiously when I was at school, played Monday night league, was half decent player to be fair as well, I stopped playing at around 18 due to having kids and working shifts etc, the usual, I stopped playing for around 10 years, then got the odd game in on a weekend a few years ago, then again stopped, I've now met back up with all the old lads inused to play with and plan on playing again, I did buy a new cheap cue around a year ago, one of them Woods Cues, to he fair it feels nice, just the game feels odd to play again, I'm also getting myself frustrated missing sitters, expecting myself to he able to play to my old standard lol, I still love playing the game, just hope I can get the feeling back and play to a half decent standard again.

welcome to TSF and welcome back to the game we all love
    Enjoy your resurgence
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Welcome G. Hang in there.

Comment

Welcome to TSF
        Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Originally Posted by G.Harris88 View Post
          Hi all, I am 33 and used to play religiously when I was at school, played Monday night league, was half decent player to be fair as well, I stopped playing at around 18 due to having kids and working shifts etc, the usual, I stopped playing for around 10 years, then got the odd game in on a weekend a few years ago, then again stopped, I've now met back up with all the old lads inused to play with and plan on playing again, I did buy a new cheap cue around a year ago, one of them Woods Cues, to he fair it feels nice, just the game feels odd to play again, I'm also getting myself frustrated missing sitters, expecting myself to he able to play to my old standard lol, I still love playing the game, just hope I can get the feeling back and play to a half decent standard again.
          Hello G. Welcome I joined TSF a couple of weeks ago and like you have had a long break from Snooker, but, I have now returned to playing with a renewed vigour this week. Hope all goes well with your 'comeback' Top stuff
          My best, Chris.

Comment

Cheers everyone, next thing now is to change the bloody hard tip on the cue, feels like solid plastic lol, years ago it wasn't something I thought about and just used elk master, now there seems to be plenty of choice on the market, any recommendations.

Comment

Have a look in the 'Cues' section of the forum, plenty of good reading there about tips

Comment

Welcome to TSF , best of luck with your game

Comment

Originally Posted by G.Harris88 View Post
                  Cheers everyone, next thing now is to change the bloody hard tip on the cue, feels like solid plastic lol, years ago it wasn't something I thought about and just used elk master, now there seems to be plenty of choice on the market, any recommendations.
                  Stick to what you know, nothing wrong with a good elkmaster, Ronnie uses them so what better recomendation does one need.
                  Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
                  but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

Originally Posted by vmax View Post

Stick to what you know, nothing wrong with a good elkmaster, Ronnie uses them so what better recomendation does one need.
                    yeah, he loves their taste

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post

yeah, he loves their taste
                      lol yummy yummy Elk

Comment

You'd think they were Parma Violets the way Ron chews them!! Mmm Parma Violets!! A bit Marmite for many!?!?
                        ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
                          You'd think they were Parma Violets the way Ron chews them!! Mmm Parma Violets!! A bit Marmite for many!?!?
                          I like Marmite, Parma Violets remind me of my Nan but can not stand eating them myself!
                          Nan would give us a packet, we would smile, say thanks, and hide them as soon as we could

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post

I like Marmite, Parma Violets remind me of my Nan but can not stand eating them myself!
                            Nan would give us a packet, we would smile, say thanks, and hide them as soon as we could
                            Nice memory. Marmite and peanut butter on toast, a majestic combo!!
                            ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Working...
                            X