Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from a Snooker player

Hi to everyone here!

I've been casually playing the game since I was 9yrs old with a few years away here and there, decided to get playing again and record my progress on camcorder and was interested in knowing if this is the place to post such videos if anyone interested.

I based my game on Alex Higgins, meaning I'm generally a fast (not as fast as I used to be) deep screw stun player that likes to end normal frames against players with exhibition shots (not all come off though πŸ˜†) and I earned the nickname Deadly Darren in the local league and newspaper clippings because of my fast play,...thats a true fact πŸ˜‚

I hope some of you will enjoy the odd videos I post but can you tell me if I do which is the best section to post them as I do not want to get moaned at πŸ™„πŸ˜‰

Here's a little sample https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flR6_toC7JA, Admins please feel free to remove the video link if this is the wrong section.

Thank you all!

Daz

very nice and relax cue action , Darren .
    Welcome to tsf , bud .

Dean , I have a few private messages ( including one from Ash ) ,
    unfortunately I can'nt open my message box and have no access to my PMs t read them or send a new one .
    Any chance you take sum action's with your magic hands and sort this out. ? thx .

Comment

Originally Posted by Ramon View Post
      very nice and relax cue action , Darren .
      Welcome to tsf , bud .

unfortunately I can'nt open my message box and have no access to my PMs t read them or send a new one .
      Any chance you take sum action's with your magic hands and sort this out. ? thx .
      Many thanks.
      Can I ask, is this the correct place to upload updated Snooker videos of me playing or is that for another section?

Cheers.

Comment

Originally Posted by Nice Guy Darren View Post

Many thanks.
        Can I ask, is this the correct place to upload updated Snooker videos of me playing or is that for another section?

Cheers.
        It's your thread m8 , so you can upload ams videos as you wish .
        unless they have changed the forum policy , I don't visit tsf that often so incase they have a new policy i'm sure admin wil let you know , bud.

enjoy your stay here and have a good time .

Comment

hi Ramon
          I don't see anything wrong with your settings.
          What do you see?
          Here is what I see.

https://i.ibb.co/ScrhpwT/TSF-Messages.jpg
          ​​​​​​​https://i.ibb.co/xh0gMQ9/TSF-Message-centre.jpg
          Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

[QUOTE=DeanH;n1023164]

hi Ramon
            I don't see anything wrong with your settings.
            What do you see?
            Here is what I see.

https://i.ibb.co/ScrhpwT/TSF-Messages.jpg

Comment

Something went wrong up here !! lol,

There are more than 35 new notifications in my PM box , and you pp up with sum kinda screenshots which says i have no messages ?? Great , Dean . .
              My brother messaged me yesterday saying i have a PM from a guy named : Ash , at tsf with a statment regarding restrection and couple of questions . He got a mail from tsf .

that's why i logged in . to explain him sum stuff he asked about , also give him my private email address . he used the wrong email address . since I moved to US I no longer use that email address.
              Anyway , no big deal . in case you speak the guy by the chance , offer my apologies on my behalf . Please , I didn't know he sent me a PM . He also can find me on facebook .

Gracias !!!

Comment

Hi Ramon, these screen shots are from MY account, not yours, I have no messages. The clue is the name in the top right corner
                I can not see what you see. I looked at the settings in the background and nothing looks out of place.
                What do you see? You say you see 35 notifications, what happens when you click on one of them or if you click "Message Centre"?
                In Messages, you should see a listing of your messages. Do you see them? If you do, what happens if you click on one of them?

Sorry, I don't know "Ash"

Comment

Lol , that was my point. Just because you don't have messages doesn't mean I don't have them either . thanks for taking the trouble and screenshots but i really do know how the message box looks like . i can see the messages but once i click on them, they wont open .
                  i know you are busy but i thought you may be able to fix it . that's all.
                  no big deal , realy !!

As for Ash guy and his PM : . probably part of my imagination . no wonder you don't know him. My apologize !

thanks for replay .

Comment

? I never said I don't see them, you said you didn't...? I said I can not see YOUR messages, not my access.
                    So I added screenshots to show YOU what you should be seeing as per the forum lay out. and I asked if you see the same ....
                    Now you say you DO see them but they wont open.

I will pass on this behaviour you describe to the techie.
                    :cross-fingers:
                    Last edited by DeanH; 3 June 2022, 02:10 PM.

Comment

probably a misunderstanding on my side thank you f pass it on tech .

. darren , last thing I wanted was h-jacking your thread , bud . my sincere apologies !! Looking forward to more video’s!!

Comment

Welcome to TSF Darren!

Must admit I couldn’t be bothered watching the whole video, but what I did see looked OK! You must be doing well to be knocking in line-up breaks like that! I wonder though… how does your technique hold up under pressure? In a comp for instance? No real pre-shot routine from what I can see, cue action looks jabby to.

Where in the UK you from bud?

Comment

Originally Posted by Nice Guy Darren View Post
                          Hi to everyone here!

I've been casually playing the game since I was 9yrs old with a few years away here and there, decided to get playing again and record my progress on camcorder and was interested in knowing if this is the place to post such videos if anyone interested.

I based my game on Alex Higgins, meaning I'm generally a fast (not as fast as I used to be) deep screw stun player that likes to end normal frames against players with exhibition shots (not all come off though πŸ˜†) and I earned the nickname Deadly Darren in the local league and newspaper clippings because of my fast play,...thats a true fact πŸ˜‚

I hope some of you will enjoy the odd videos I post but can you tell me if I do which is the best section to post them as I do not want to get moaned at πŸ™„πŸ˜‰

Here's a little sample https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flR6_toC7JA, Admins please feel free to remove the video link if this is the wrong section.

Thank you all!

Daz
                          Enjoyed that , nice fluent cueing Daz - I can see you're not a robot line up person and have a bit of flair to fall back on. Can deffo see a bit of Alex in your style but also a fair bit of Jimmy too.

What ar you looking for in the game now? Interested in comps or just having fun pottin Balls?

Whatever, enjoy it while ya still got it.
                          βšͺ πŸ”΄πŸŸ‘πŸŸ’πŸŸ€πŸ”΅πŸ’—βš«πŸ•³οΈπŸ˜Ž

Comment

Lol , that was my point. Just because you don't have messages doesn't mean I don't have them either . thanks for taking the trouble and screenshots but i really do know how the message box looks like . i can see the messages but once i click on them, they wont open .
                            i know you are busy but i thought you may be able to fix it . that's all.
                            no big deal , realy !!

As for Ash guy and his PM : . probably part of my imagination . no wonder you don't know him. My apologize !

thanks for replay .
                            I think i know the reason for that, the messages in the forum open in a seperate window but that won't work if your browser does not allow popup windows, which is set like that by standard.
                            Check and change the settings in your browser.
                            For instance in firefox it's here
                            https://cdn.browserhow.com/wp-conten...computer-2.png

Comment

Enjoyed that, you play exactly like my pal, he spots the shot so quickly just like you. He's also very compact and has an action not a lot can go wrong with.
                              This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                              https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Working...
                              X