X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also, the cost is mental if you are trying to practice 3 times a week

Comment

Originally Posted by Jimmyssparecue View Post
      Cheers Steve. I'll do exactly that! Severely lacking in people to play but I guess that will come the more I practice down the club and enter the comps. I didn't even realise there was a club in Stratford!
      It’s only small club, just 4 tables and you have to be a member to play down there usually, but they’ve started opening up a little by having open handicap comps for anyone that is interested! Tom has played there a fair bit and I’m a member, it’s a nice quite club with some very VERY good snooker players! There is a social evening every Thursday which is open to none members to have a try, it starts from 7pm-10pm and is completely free to play! We usually have a 6 red mini comp or something if enough show up! Give it a try one Thursday!

https://www.stratfordsport.co.uk/

Comment

Originally Posted by Danger Steve View Post

It’s only small club, just 4 tables and you have to be a member to play down there usually, but they’ve started opening up a little by having open handicap comps for anyone that is interested! Tom has played there a fair bit and I’m a member, it’s a nice quite club with some very VERY good snooker players! There is a social evening every Thursday which is open to none members to have a try, it starts from 7pm-10pm and is completely free to play! We usually have a 6 red mini comp or something if enough show up! Give it a try one Thursday!

https://www.stratfordsport.co.uk/
        Ah brilliant! I'll pop down next week!

Comment

Ah brilliant! I'll pop down next week!
          Ok. If you look up Andrew Norman (snooker coach) on Facebook he’ll let you know the particulars! Parking, dress code etc…

Comment

Also, the cost is mental if you are trying to practice 3 times a week
            The club I go to is twenty pence for twenty minutes, which you put into an ancient electric meter and turn the key.

I do live in deepest, darkest Cornwall, though.

Comment

Originally Posted by Achamian View Post

The club I go to is twenty pence for twenty minutes, which you put into an ancient electric meter and turn the key.

I do live in deepest, darkest Cornwall, though.
              Superb isn't it, 50p for 28 minutes at my club!

The Atack used to offer a single player rate which was around £4 an hour but that rate disappeared so I know a lot of the regular players found other places to practice from regularly, I certainly couldn't/wouldn't want to afford to pay £50 a week to practice when I can do so for £5 per week at my new club. It's a shame as i used to love going down the atack and practicing amongst the likes of Selby and Wakelin.

"just tap it in":snooker:

Comment

All sorted for Thursday lads. Messaged Andrew. Looking forward to getting schooled! 🤣🤯

Comment

All sorted for Thursday lads. Messaged Andrew. Looking forward to getting schooled! 🤣🤯
                  You’ll be Ok, I won’t be there next week due to work but might see you down there the week after! Enjoy

Comment

Working...
                  X