Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First post + question

Evening

just thought I’d sign up and make a first thread. Played the game for years but wasn’t anything special, highest break was mid 40’s but just really enjoyed the social aspect of the game.

Recently just purchased a 4 peice Buffalo cue from eBay to get me going again as my old cue ‘went missing’ a few years ago,

Looked in my garage and found a couple of Pro Elk Tips which I will use but wondered what the best tips around were? These ones are apparently ‘soft’ but they always felt a lot harder than I imagined if memory serves me right.

also how do people play this game without having a beer? I really need to cut down but I’ve always found I play much better after two beers. Not sure why this was.

looking forward to my cue arriving midweek for my first game in around 3 years. The person I’m playing fancies himself on the snooker table and I have never seen him play and he plays regularly. Hopefully I can give him a game and make it competitive!

Originally Posted by Bamberdele View Post
    Evening

just thought I’d sign up and make a first thread. Played the game for years but wasn’t anything special, highest break was mid 40’s but just really enjoyed the social aspect of the game.

Recently just purchased a 4 peice Buffalo cue from eBay to get me going again as my old cue ‘went missing’ a few years ago,

Looked in my garage and found a couple of Pro Elk Tips which I will use but wondered what the best tips around were? These ones are apparently ‘soft’ but they always felt a lot harder than I imagined if memory serves me right.

also how do people play this game without having a beer? I really need to cut down but I’ve always found I play much better after two beers. Not sure why this was.

looking forward to my cue arriving midweek for my first game in around 3 years. The person I’m playing fancies himself on the snooker table and I have never seen him play and he plays regularly. Hopefully I can give him a game and make it competitive!
    welcome to TSF and also back to the game

Why do you ask? Has someone told you you should not have a couple with a frame or two?
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

I've never drank while playing, don't need the crutch of alcohol. Also I'm blind as a bat as it is without drink making my eyesight even fuzzier.
      This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
      https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Evening

I play extremely ****ty under influence of alcohol or any recreational drug. I don't understand how some of my mates are able to play at the same level under the buzz.
        Guts over Glory

Comment

I never drink when playing as it affects my game too much.
          I know people who can knock in tons after a few beers , amazing.
          I always have a beer after though to make up for it

Comment

Originally Posted by Starsky View Post
            I never drink when playing as it affects my game too much.
            I know people who can knock in tons after a few beers , amazing.
            I always have a beer after though to make up for it
            "a" beer? LOL

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post

"a" beer? LOL
              Normally driving Dean so just the one for me.
              It’s the one major downside to all the clubs closing, I can’t get lashed anymore although I felt like it last time I played after missing another black for a ton 😖😂
              Last edited by Starsky; 12 July 2022, 04:30 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by Starsky View Post

Normally driving Dean so just the one for me.
                It’s the one major downside to all the clubs closing, I can’t get lashed anymore
                that's why I get lifts

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post

that's why I get lifts
                  Yep, I’m doing something wrong for sure

Comment

Working...
                  X