Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommended snooker cue

Hi

I'm a newbie here and pretty much to snooker. I have played a few times per year for around 10 years but wanted to start taking it more seriously now and start playing at least once per week.

I'm after advice for the best cue to buy anywhere up to £150. I'm assuming something in that price range should be good enough to get me started.

What would you recommend?

Thanks

Andy

Always recommend Green Baize for cues :

https://greenbaize.com/
    Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Originally Posted by Neil Taperell View Post
      Always recommend Green Baize for cues :

https://greenbaize.com/
      Thanks, after speaking to them I'm considering the Mastercue Ultimate M2 3/4. It looks nice and hope it will be good to play with

Comment

Try before you buy if possible

Comment

Originally Posted by AndyL30 View Post

Thanks, after speaking to them I'm considering the Mastercue Ultimate M2 3/4. It looks nice and hope it will be good to play with
          Nice one , everyone needs to start somewhere . Hopefully you'll like it . Let us know how you get on .

And then, in time , you can end up like the rest of us nutters .......and change cues more times than we change our underwear !!!........In the search for ' The One ' !!!
          Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

I was hoping to try before I buy but it's a too far away to get to. It's an expensive gamble 😂 i hope I play as much as I want to and not let it sit in its case

Comment

We’ve all played as well with the brought-home rack cue as we have with the custom made or generally more coveted cue. Rack cues are the most underrated presuming you play in a club ?

Comment

Originally Posted by Secret_oath View Post
                We’ve all played as well with the brought-home rack cue as we have with the custom made or generally more coveted cue. Rack cues are the most underrated presuming you play in a club ?
                Nope I don't play in a club, I'm hoping to when I start playing more.

After going to order the Master Cue it turns out the postage and case knocked the price up to over £250 when I was looking at £150 originally so I'm going to be sensible and look for something else.

I live near Dean Jones Cues so I'm going to visit and try them out before making a decision and hopefully find something in the £150 region

Comment

I live in Canada and the standard length of snooker cues readily available is 57" which is too short for me. I recently received a Green Baize house brand cue with a 60" length. It's nice to have my whole hand on the cue without at least two fingers hanging off the end. Rest of specs were 3/4 break, 9.5mm tip, titanium ferrule with an extension.

Snooker and pool table should be installed within the next week. Can't wait.

Comment

Working...
                  X