No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi all,

I joined a while ago and made one post but thought I should properly say hi, and also try to spark some debate.
    I have always been a huge snooker fan and think TSF is great.

A thought occurred to me which I thought I would share. I remember a good while back that during a tournament the BBC ran a segment where pro’s ‘built’ their perfect player. So for instance, one criteria was ‘long potting’ and they picked their all time greatest long potter.

I wondered how forum members would build their perfect player against the criteria set out below. I have included my picks in brackets

Long potting (Neil Robertson)
    Safety (John Higgins)
    break building (Ronnie O’Sullivan)
    mentality (Stephen Hendry)
    Cue Action (Stephen Lee)
    flair (Akex Higgins)
    rest Play (Jimmy White)

could easily pick several players in most categories but the above would be my ‘perfect player’

Welcome! Not much to argue with those choices, a perfect player indeed with those qualities.
    ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Hi I'm New Here.

Comment

Originally Posted by JayeTech View Post
        Hi I'm New Here.
        New here as well as you can visit my website eTechSupport.net

Comment

Originally Posted by JayeTech View Post

New here as well as you can visit my website eTechSupport.net
          https://www.etechsupport.net/

Comment

Originally Posted by Matcssd View Post
            Hi all,

I joined a while ago and made one post but thought I should properly say hi, and also try to spark some debate.
            I have always been a huge snooker fan and think TSF is great.

A thought occurred to me which I thought I would share. I remember a good while back that during a tournament the BBC ran a segment where pro’s ‘built’ their perfect player. So for instance, one criteria was ‘long potting’ and they picked their all time greatest long potter.

I wondered how forum members would build their perfect player against the criteria set out below. I have included my picks in brackets

Long potting (Neil Robertson)
            Safety (John Higgins)
            break building (Ronnie O’Sullivan)
            mentality (Stephen Hendry)
            Cue Action (Stephen Lee)
            flair (Akex Higgins)
            rest Play (Jimmy White)

could easily pick several players in most categories but the above would be my ‘perfect player’

I'd add one .............Always stood out for me ..........Centre Pocket Potting [ Stephen Hendry ]
            Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Middle ball potting is definitely a criteria that should be added - and Hendry would easily be my pick as well.

the one I would really struggle with is mentality - maybe Steve Davis would be a better pick.

long potting could be one of many players (I seem to remember James Wattana’s long game being incredible back in the day).

murph’s cue action would also rival Stephen Lee I think.

Comment

Originally Posted by Matcssd View Post
                Middle ball potting is definitely a criteria that should be added - and Hendry would easily be my pick as well.

the one I would really struggle with is mentality - maybe Steve Davis would be a better pick.

long potting could be one of many players (I seem to remember James Wattana’s long game being incredible back in the day).

murph’s cue action would also rival Stephen Lee I think.
                I haven't seen much of Steve Davis but from what I gather he's given up more big leads than the likes of Hendry or Selby.

Comment

Originally Posted by Patricke View Post

I haven't seen much of Steve Davis but from what I gather he's given up more big leads than the likes of Hendry or Selby.
                  Not really ,but he’ll be remembered for two important ones 8-0 up against Taylor at the Crucible and 7-0 up against Alex Higgins in the Uk Championship ,both finals and he lost them both .Most of the time Davis wad ruthless ,but those two tournaments were finals and big events so people remember them .

Comment

I think it’s fair to say all players have thrown away some games they should have won. As you say, two big ones for Davis but he also absolutely turned the screw on countless occasions. He also introduced a level of dedication to the game which raised the standard.

Comment

Working...
                    X