Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dropping in, saying hello

Hey All,

Haven't picked up a snooker cue in 20 years. Lived in my village for 7 of those and never knew we had a table!

Putting in some hours amd trying to feel my way back into it, loving every second. Picked myself up a cue off of Facebook that's alright, nothing special.

Highest break is non existent at this point but picking up a load of stuff to help from here.

Hope to catch some of you soon!

W

welcome to TSF Wayne

So where did you find the table?
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
      welcome to TSF Wayne

So where did you find the table?
      Cheers Dean,

Turns out my business partner used to play on it. I live in a little village called Swavesey in Cambridgeshire. The table is in the local memorial hall, little known and well looked after (for the most part).

£10 a year and £2 an hour, I imagine I'll drop a few hundred quid into the pot every year!

Don't get me wrong, absolute ton to learn, I'm one of those people that tends to go at 100 miles an hour whenever I take something up, this is no different. You can all expect a million questions :]

Comment

heard similar stories over the years.
        Crackling value there, get to know the other members and learn and improve but most importantly, enjoy
        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Like WaynieD I`ve just returned to playing after a 15 year absence, taking ages to regain touch etc. My eyes have been done for cataracts so prob going to get some snooker specs. I`ve got a Burwat Champion from the 1950`s that I bought over 30 years ago and it`s still a great cue. Social club 20p for 20 mins but f someone is waiting that`s it. I play at a snooker centre with 2 pro`s resident there and it`s expensive (£8 ph) but the the tables are immaculate, 2 of them used at recent major events. I`ve also checked out a different club that only charges £25 annual m/ship then £6 for all day so that looks to be likely regular place to go.

Comment

Originally Posted by theplough View Post
            Like WaynieD I`ve just returned to playing after a 15 year absence, taking ages to regain touch etc. My eyes have been done for cataracts so prob going to get some snooker specs. I`ve got a Burwat Champion from the 1950`s that I bought over 30 years ago and it`s still a great cue. Social club 20p for 20 mins but f someone is waiting that`s it. I play at a snooker centre with 2 pro`s resident there and it`s expensive (£8 ph) but the the tables are immaculate, 2 of them used at recent major events. I`ve also checked out a different club that only charges £25 annual m/ship then £6 for all day so that looks to be likely regular place to go.
            That last option sounds really good, are you limited on time or is it a booking system?
            This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
            https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Got to book but the club it`s not over busy most days, 11 tables, and empty on a Sunday. It`s £25 pa for over 60`s and £45 pa for younger. It`s open from 12.00 till 22.00 most days, an hour later Fri Sat ie: closes at 11pm. You could play full day for the £6 but 3 -4hrs prob as long as I would play with bad back and neck etc. Price makes practicing affordable tho. Just the joys of getting old. 😏

Comment

My club is £7-8 an hour, but quite a bit cheaper for solo practice during the day. We used to have a Rileys in town, which was pretty bad, but they did a pass for £100 which gave you 2 hours a day for a year. Wish we had something a bit cheaper now, as there's only really the one club now Rileys is gone (cracking club though to be fair)

Comment

Working...
                X