Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone have views on "Woods Cues"?

Hi all.
    as title suggests, looking for opinions on Woods cues. I believe they're made in and shipped from China? Price seems quite reasonable, would just be nice to know if anyone has used them before I decide on placing an order. Or if there are any suggestions for a good quality cue under or around Ā£300? TIA.

They are not as good as they used to be. More mass produced now. With your budget you could afford a master cue or even a Maximus both quality Thai made cues here. https://greenbaize.com/

Couple of cue makers on the forum could help as well in that price range.
    āšŖ šŸ”“šŸŸ”šŸŸ¢šŸŸ¤šŸ”µšŸ’—āš«šŸ•³ļøšŸ˜Ž

Comment

A few years back out of curiosity I purchase a maple 1 piece cue with splicing. The shaft looked nice but it felt a little hollow with the hit. It plays alright but doesn't have that premium feel of a Mike Wooldridge or Trevor White. The ebony butt is jet black but I think colour has been added or maybe it's not real ebony. The splice work was good and accurate but the veneers looked painted on. For Ā£115.00 including leatherette case and delivery to UK it's not that bad.

ā€‹ā€‹ā€‹ā€‹ā€‹ā€‹

Comment

Thank you ken147 and @Cuecrafty for that info. I've also seen Peradon's Cue Wizard site, same sort of request, any good experiences? I've had a quick look at the maximus and master cues. They seem good value, but nothing quite in the specs I'd be after.

Comment

Cant recommend Peradon they are living on a good historic name but other brands are better value. Try this site and have a look at the phoenix cues as well, very good cues. https://www.craftsmancues.com/acatalog/Cues.html
          āšŖ šŸ”“šŸŸ”šŸŸ¢šŸŸ¤šŸ”µšŸ’—āš«šŸ•³ļøšŸ˜Ž

Comment

I have a maximus premium I bought 2 or 3 years back from Green Baize. They come in under Ā£300 and brilliant cues IMO. Was recommended to me by Stu at Green Baize as best cue for my budget. For Ā£300 or less Iā€™d happily go Maximus again.

Comment

I was wondering similar myself, only reason being is that I need a longer cue ideally around 60" long and they stock them quite regularly, rather than having to wait a few months for a custom order. I haven't bit the bullet tho and made a purchase as the reviews recently seem to be a bit mixed.

Comment

Working...
              X