Hello from Canada

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Canada

Hi guy's, just started back playing after a 30 year break.
    I've always loved the game and just purchased my first cue used for $20

It's a work in progress (straightening,varnish removed, oiled and new tip)
    Had a break of 46 first game with it so pleased so far.

Thanks to the community for the advice and
    everyones knowledge in this game

will try to contribute when I can

Bob

welcome to TSF
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Hi , we got a dude contributes on here who lives in Chilliwack, had to travel 2 hours drive to his nearest club to p!ay on a full size snooker table! What area are you from Bob? Welcome to TSF !
      ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Welcome to TSF!

Comment

Hi cue crafty, living in Hamilton Ontario

Was out west in alberta for 8 years and visited BC a few times (beautiful area for sure)
          2 hour drive for a full sized table must be rough to get out with any regularity.

Lucky here have multiple choices within 10 min drive.

Comment

Welcome,1oneder. I am a new member myself. I was reading online that Justin Trudeau has banned Ivermectin, one of the world's most essential medicines, from Canada. I could hardly believe it. Is seems insane to me. I was just wondering if you could tell me if it's true or not.

Comment

Welcome to the forum !

Comment

Originally Posted by Unusual_Whales View Post
                Welcome,1oneder. I am a new member myself. I was reading online that Justin Trudeau has banned Ivermectin, one of the world's most essential medicines, from Canada. I could hardly believe it. Is seems insane to me. I was just wondering if you could tell me if it's true or not.
                Hey there u/w

Just going to bite my tongue regarding anything trudeau related.... I like my blood warm not boiling!!
                Not sure about vermectin to be honest

Comment

Originally Posted by 1oneder View Post

Hey there u/w

Just going to bite my tongue regarding anything trudeau related.... I like my blood warm not boiling!!
                  Not sure about vermectin to be honest
                  Fair comment. I will just say that, if Trydeau has actually banned Ivemevtin, he is a raving lunatic. But let's talk about nice things here, like snooker. I'm sure there was a Canadian snooker player and coach that posted here called Terry Davidson. I'm wondering if he is a well known player in Canada.

Comment

Have not been following snooker for many years, so I am not sure about Terry and how well known he is here

Grew up watching Davis,Taylor,white,Hendry and Thorburn whenever televised here

Comment

Originally Posted by 1oneder View Post
                      Have not been following snooker for many years, so I am not sure about Terry and how well known he is here

Grew up watching Davis,Taylor,white,Hendry and Thorburn whenever televised here
                      Terry played back in the 80s - early-90s and then done a lot of coaching out of Alma ON and helped create a Canadian organization to promote the game and arrange events (IIRC).
                      Unfortunately he has not been very well and has had to give up coaching and playing
                      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post

Terry played back in the 80s - early-90s and then done a lot of coaching out of Alma ON and helped create a Canadian organization to promote the game and arrange events (IIRC).
                        Unfortunately he has not been very well and has had to give up coaching and playing
                        That is very sad. I sat at the same dining table as Terry Davidson and his girlfriend for a week at an all-in snooker tournament at a Warner's holiday camp in Hayling Island in the 1980's. He had some great stories. Lovely chap.

A young SKINNY Tony Drago was also there. Running around the table loke a madman. LOL.
                        Last edited by Unusual_Whales; 29 January 2023, 01:06 PM.

Comment

Yes, sorry to hear that about Terry.
                          Wish him and his family well.

Comment

Working...
                          X