What cue maker to use

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What cue maker to use

Hi all sadly sold my last cue due to work commitments however recently realised how much I miss the “Monday Night”
    going to treat myself to a new cue, I have used Parris, TW and Praram cues in the past I’d like to know everyone’s opinions regarding me getting a new one
    I’ll be getting a 1pc maple cue shaft quality is the most important thing for me, ideas on the best quality cue makers please,
    thanks in advance
    paul

Tony Glover.

Comment

Originally Posted by Davebarker1978 View Post
      Tony Glover.
      Why do you rate Tony Glover? Never played with one of his cues, just curious as to what made you recommend him.

Comment

Having used the brands you mention above you know what a quality cue looks and feels like. Other than a A grade maple shaft what playing qualities are you looking for from the cue? Guessing stiff shaft as you want maple, but do you want more weight forward in the cue etc? A few other Thai brands have that quality in them (forward weight) like Maximus for example.

I don't really think it matters who makes the cue tbh as long as they are reputed for quality. A lot of folks on here have spoken to Stu Green at Green Baize about what characteristics they are looking for in a cue and he understands this subject really well. Every piece of wood is different and will have its own characteristics so having one made to your spec is not necessarily going to play how you want it to... I recommend going somewhere like Green Baize and trying a number of different cues to see which one feels best to you.
        ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Originally Posted by Griff1 View Post

Why do you rate Tony Glover? Never played with one of his cues, just curious as to what made you recommend him.
          Tony is a great cue maker, I have had a few of his cues and they were all top quality. His prices are reasonable (not cheap, but better value than most), waiting time was around six months and his workmanship is top notch.

Comment

Originally Posted by Paul Thompson View Post
            Hi all sadly sold my last cue due to work commitments however recently realised how much I miss the “Monday Night”
            going to treat myself to a new cue, I have used Parris, TW and Praram cues in the past I’d like to know everyone’s opinions regarding me getting a new one
            I’ll be getting a 1pc maple cue shaft quality is the most important thing for me, ideas on the best quality cue makers please,
            thanks in advance
            paul
            @ What cue spec?
            -length
            -tip

Comment

571/2
              19oz
              17/18

Comment

Working...
              X