New in Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New in Texas

Hi all. I'm new to this forum. I'm buying a house that comes with a snooker table, so I thought I would join here to learn more about it. I would like to learn more about the table that I'm inheriting. I think it was made in the 1980s and it is HUGE! Over 12 feet long. It was made by Burroughs & Watts. It looks like it was expensive. I can post some pics if that will help.

Will be a fair bit earlier than 1980, if its a B&W. Think they were wound up in the sixties, or taken over by someone else.
    Definitely post some pictures up, seen and played on some cracking B&W tables.
    Last edited by itsnoteasy; 17 February 2023, 08:38 PM.
    This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
    https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Thanks. I'll create a new thread in the Tables forum.

Comment

Welcome from a fellow Texan! Let's get some more of our buddies out of the oil fields and cattle ranches and onto the snooker tables! (A little self-deprecating humor is always in good taste, y'all!)

Comment

Originally Posted by Texas Snooker View Post
          Welcome from a fellow Texan! Let's get some more of our buddies out of the oil fields and cattle ranches and onto the snooker tables! (A little self-deprecating humor is always in good taste, y'all!)
          I’ve travelled through Texas and Oklahoma and various Mid West States on a ten day storm chasing tour many years ago.
          We were based near Oklahoma City but spent most of our time in Texas or Oklahoma .
          Love the States, been there a few times fly fishing as well in Cape Cod for striped bass.
          Not a place I would have thought there are many snooker players though.
          Last edited by Starsky; 19 February 2023, 09:44 AM.

Comment

Originally Posted by TX_G&P View Post
            Hi all. I'm new to this forum. I'm buying a house that comes with a snooker table, so I thought I would join here to learn more about it. I would like to learn more about the table that I'm inheriting. I think it was made in the 1980s and it is HUGE! Over 12 feet long. It was made by Burroughs & Watts. It looks like it was expensive. I can post some pics if that will help.
            Welcome! Look forward to seeing your table

Comment

Originally Posted by Starsky View Post

I’ve travelled through Texas and Oklahoma and various Mid West States on a ten day storm chasing tour many years ago.
              We were based near Oklahoma City but spent most of our time in Texas or Oklahoma .
              Love the States, been there a few times fly fishing as well in Cape Cod for striped bass.
              Not a place I would have thought there are many snooker players though.
              The major cities of Houston and Dallas are incredibly diverse. I suspect we are represented by nearly every culture on the planet somewhere in the Houston area. I plan to do some searching, and I suspect I will find a snooker club or two somewhere within the city. A lot of people outside the US think of only ranchers and cowboys and oilfield wildcatters when they hear Texas. But we also have a lot of sophistication and culture. We have world renowned theaters, artists and musicians. Our medical center takes a back seat to no one. M.D. Anderson is probably one of the top 3 or 4 cancer research hospitals in the world. And heart surgeon Dr DeBakey who was a pioneer in transplants and artificial heart development was based in Houston. So while snooker may not be the most popular activity in the state, I'm hopeful that I can find someone not too far away who will want this table.

Comment

Originally Posted by trying View Post

Welcome! Look forward to seeing your table
                I hope to find out today or tomorrow if we got the house. Then I will take a lot of photos.

Comment

The major cities of Houston and Dallas are incredibly diverse. I suspect we are represented by nearly every culture on the planet somewhere in the Houston area. I plan to do some searching, and I suspect I will find a snooker club or two somewhere within the city. A lot of people outside the US think of only ranchers and cowboys and oilfield wildcatters when they hear Texas. But we also have a lot of sophistication and culture. We have world renowned theaters, artists and musicians. Our medical center takes a back seat to no one. M.D. Anderson is probably one of the top 3 or 4 cancer research hospitals in the world. And heart surgeon Dr DeBakey who was a pioneer in transplants and artificial heart development was based in Houston. So while snooker may not be the most popular activity in the state, I'm hopeful that I can find someone not too far away who will want this table.
                  I agree, much more to Texas than the usual stereotype .

Good luck with your search for fellow snooker players .

Comment

Don't sell the table for at least six months. Get a decent cue and play on it, you will fall in love with the game.

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                      Don't sell the table for at least six months. Get a decent cue and play on it, you will fall in love with the game.
                      You old romantic you!
                      ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Sorry off topic but yes Texas is also where Patrick Mahomes comes from, for my money the best quarterback thats ever played in the NFL.
                        Also honourable mention to other great players/athletes like Von Miller, Michael Johnson and Jeremy Wariner.
                        ​​​​​​​I've never been to the US, will go eventually though.

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                          Unfortunately this is not an option. For one thing, we are renovating the entire house before we move in, and need to put new flooring in that room. And one of the biggest reasons for buying this home is that I want this room for my hangout with my poker buddies. I need room for one permanent poker table and 1-2 more folding tables, plus chairs and a bar. It will also be a hangout room for my large family. I can't afford to dedicate over 500 sq ft of my home to a sport I don't even know how to play. I don't need another hobby. According to my wife I already have too many... LOL.

Comment

Unfortunately this is not an option. For one thing, we are renovating the entire house before we move in, and need to put new flooring in that room. And one of the biggest reasons for buying this home is that I want this room for my hangout with my poker buddies. I need room for one permanent poker table and 1-2 more folding tables, plus chairs and a bar. It will also be a hangout room for my large family. I can't afford to dedicate over 500 sq ft of my home to a sport I don't even know how to play. I don't need another hobby. According to my wife I already have too many... LOL.
                            Texas hold'em?

sorry, I'll get my coat.......

have you seen this site, not been updated for a while but maybe point you to possible interested parties and possible table -fitters who know what they are doing with a snooker table
                            https://www.findsnooker.com/
                            Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Get rid of your pal's and any of your family that doesn't agree, some things are more important

Comment

Working...
                              X