Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie/advice on cues

Hi all

Used to play a number of years ago but hadn’t picked up my cue for a very long time. Anyway, unfortunately my return to playing snooker has hit somewhat of a bump - I left my cue at the club and was told yesterday when I went for a few frames - the cue was missing. Fingers crossed it resurfaces.

The cue was an Aeon, had it 30 years, bought with the money from my first wage - think it cost me £180 and came with a case. Sadly, other than it being 3 piece, I have no other specification. Loved it - ok, it was a little warped, but in all the time I played, it’s the only cue I used, zero modifications or repairs.

I find myself in the market for a new cue. I’m up in Yorkshire (Leeds way) and looking for recommendations for brand of cue and retailer.

Once I do find a cue which works lol I’m looking forward to
    reigniting that same passion I once had for the game.

If the cue does resurface, I’m going to have it replicated as close as possible. Read a fantastic thread in this forum on Aeon cues, I wasn’t in love with the cue, far from it but after I was informed the cue wasn’t where it had been left, boy was I gutted and still am. Sounds like Aeon were a top make of cue - I too had that double ring, mine somehow has a small chunk missing from the joint but never had any issues with it.

Advice on cues is welcome and I’ll update on the cue if and when I have one.

craftsman cues at kippax

Comment

Originally Posted by gg29 View Post
      craftsman cues at kippax
      Bang on Golf
      ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Craftsman it is 😎

Comment

Yorkshire cues, not a recommendation as I haven't been but it's near you I think.
          This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
          https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

just a tip. dont use the white ball on the table its light so you think you can screw its nuts off, use the yellow

Comment

Working...
            X