Another Newbie in Hampshire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Newbie in Hampshire

Hello everybody! I'm another new member residing in Hampshire - North Hampshire to be precise!

There seems to be a little theme of people who haven't played for 20+ years who are looking to take up the game again. Last time I played even semi-regularly was about 25 years ago and I'm planning to try out some of the local venues but haven't taken the plunge yet.

I'm enjoying reading some of the threads though!

Cheers!

Hello
    I'm new too. I haven't played for a long time but I want to come back

Comment

Welcome back. What standard do you play at? Not many clubs around unfortunately think better with social clubs have you any in mind?

Comment

Originally Posted by Disco147 View Post
        Welcome back. What standard do you play at? Not many clubs around unfortunately think better with social clubs have you any in mind?
        I have to admit that my standard is extremely low at the moment! I Joined the Academy in Basingstoke (on the basis that it is the closest!) and found it very difficult to pot anything at all!! I guess what technique I ad has been forgotten, or needs to be modified as my body is now a different shape and doesn't seem to want to bend in the same places as it used to!

I was also trying out my new cue (Taylor Made bought from Marc Snooker Crazy) which is longer than I have ever used before, so I don't think that was helping either. I've been brushing up on some videos about stance and cueing, so I have something to work on!

I did bump into a couple of guys from work though, so at least I have some potential playing partners!!

Comment

Working...
        X