Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Club tables / Ball sizes

Hello

i am a decent amateur snooker player playing once a week but for 4-6 hour sessions the snooker hall i play at has decent tables (ish) but the balls are quite rubbish , i have asked the owner what sizes they use and he replied he does not know (great!!) i have been wanting to buy my own set off balls (22) but i am slightly worried im going to purchase the wrong size or maybe too big the ones i am currently looking at are 2 1/16" and i have no clue if they will fit on the 12x6ft table

2 1/16" or 52.5mm is the correct size for a 12ft table

Weight is also important; you should get Aramith Tournament Champions (TC) as they have a good weight for a good play; Aramith Premier are too light.

TCs come in two sets; the standard set that have a set range of 3g or the Pro set which have a set range of 1g.
    3g set are more than good enough for club setting and the extra cost for a 1g set is not worth it as the difference in range wont be noticed by most people.

Please note: whether 3g or 1g sets, the balls are EXACTLY the same, the same TC balls in both just sorted by weight to be closer in weight across the set in the 1g sets.
    Last edited by DeanH; 29 December 2023, 04:58 PM.
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Thank you !!!!!!

i have been considering buying my own set just because the owner had said the balls had been there for 10 plus years and as visuals go you can see many dents scratches marks
      but did not want to buy a set then just for them not to fit or have an issue

Comment

Originally Posted by Brossnooker298 View Post
        Thank you !!!!!!

i have been considering buying my own set just because the owner had said the balls had been there for 10 plus years and as visuals go you can see many dents scratches marks
        but did not want to buy a set then just for them not to fit or have an issue
        For the amount you play, definitely worth the investment. Make sure you get a travel case as well.
        NOTE: I could only find these on the American Amazon site; checking Amazon UK I was unable to bring up the products.
        In addition, I unfortunately couldn't bring up an Amazon link for a 22- or 24-ball snooker ball case; you can probably find it locally or on EBay.

Amazon link for balls: Aramith Tournament Champion Snooker Balls (2 and 1/16 Inch.15 Reds) (3-gram variance) (current list USD 289.90)
        https://www.amazon.com/Snooker-Ball-.../dp/B003UUBKQK

Comment

Travel case - good thought...
          be aware that the "official" Aluminium case that comes with the 1g set is known to be flimsy and weak.

I have a leatherette type case (from Peradon but there are others) which is heavy but is secure and robust.
          Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Premium cues.co.uk are worth a look. They’re based in Edinburgh Scotland. Prices are very good.

Comment

Thank you everyone appreciate it alot i am new to this forum so still trying to get used to it

Comment

Originally Posted by Texas Snooker View Post

For the amount you play, definitely worth the investment. Make sure you get a travel case as well.
                NOTE: I could only find these on the American Amazon site; checking Amazon UK I was unable to bring up the products.
                In addition, I unfortunately couldn't bring up an Amazon link for a 22- or 24-ball snooker ball case; you can probably find it locally or on EBay.

Amazon link for balls: Aramith Tournament Champion Snooker Balls (2 and 1/16 Inch.15 Reds) (3-gram variance) (current list USD 289.90)
                https://www.amazon.com/Snooker-Ball-.../dp/B003UUBKQK

Yes i have seen cases on ebay for around £30/40 will be sure to invest in them

Comment

Yorkshire cues were selling their own brand of ali cases for 20pounds, I think, not long ago, my pal bought one, it seemed OK.
                  This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                  https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

I have just checked the lowest is £40

Comment

Really good price for balls and case.

Comment

Where are you seeing that? I wouldn't trust a set at that price.

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post

Where are you seeing that? I wouldn't trust a set at that price.
                          Must mean just the case,

Comment

Originally Posted by Nifty50 View Post

Must mean just the case,
                            Oh aye, daft me.
                            I think he's on about Yorkshire cues.
                            It's a pity as they had secondhand sets that had hardly been used for less than half price as well.

Comment

Update:
                              i have ordered a 22 ball full size set from ebay for very cheap i dont know whether it will pay off but my understanding is that the balls im currently playing with at the club have the full works on them marks dents pieces missing so cant be that bad ?

Comment

Working...
                              X