Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Being Snookered

Hello people

Id like to know how many attempts your allowed at getting out of a snooker (as of today 2024)

thanks

Depends if your aponent needs snookers

Comment

Originally Posted by Brossnooker298 View Post
      Hello people

Id like to know how many attempts your allowed at getting out of a snooker (as of today 2024)

thanks
      There is no official limit but in Foul and a Miss, where the balls can be replaced, unless any player required penalty points before, or as a result of, the stroke being played and the referee is satisfied that the Miss was not intentional; a Miss wont be called and balls wont be replaced. The non-offending player then has the usual two options, play themselves from where the balls come to rest or put their opponent in to play from where the balls come to rest.

If you are not playing the Miss rule, then usually the number is limited by the ball on being hit by the cue ball or the non-offending player finally gets a situation of balls where they wish to play.

If you never do want to play and continually call for replacement then you may end up with no-one wanting to play you
      Last edited by DeanH; 28 January 2024, 09:18 PM.
      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Thank you appreciate your in depth reply, my brother and i play upto 5 attempts (whoever is in a snooker) but i have not seen anywhere where the rule is your allowed up to 5 attempts if im making any sense, i just want to be sure thats all

Comment

Also just so im clear you can replace the balls however many times you want untill it gets to the point where your opponent cannot win but draw?

Comment

This has been confusing me alot because i be 30/40 ahead and he pots an easy red then shoves it behind a colour and i will admit i cannot be bothered to get out of the snooker but also i do make a good attempt at it but he always goes for the replace of the balls and upto 5 attempts

Comment

Also just so im clear you can replace the balls however many times you want untill it gets to the point where your opponent cannot win but draw?
              Nothing about a draw in the rules; it is when one player needs or will need penalty points i.e. to win.
              Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Thank you for making things clear

Comment

Hello people

thanks
                  I think 37 is the maximum attempts.
                  This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                  https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

This has been confusing me alot because i be 30/40 ahead and he pots an easy red then shoves it behind a colour and i will admit i cannot be bothered to get out of the snooker but also i do make a good attempt at it but he always goes for the replace of the balls and upto 5 attempts
                    Play the Shootout rule of 'a ball must be potted or made to touch a cushion on every stroke played' then he can't play the roll up snooker behind a colour after potting a red.
                    I play with two practise partners and we don't ever play the roll up snooker because all three of us think it's too easy and negative, but if you need a rule to stop someone doing it then the shootout rule works.
                    Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
                    but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

Wasn't the "foul and a miss" rule intended for the pro circuit only?

-
                      The fast and the furious,
                      The slow and labourious,
                      All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post

I think 37 is the maximum attempts.
                        Was that a personal best INE?
                        ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

If I were you, I'd drop the Foul & Miss rule, as far as I'm aware, it wasn't intended to be used by amateurs anyway.

-
                          Last edited by PatBlock; 29 January 2024, 05:55 PM.
                          The fast and the furious,
                          The slow and labourious,
                          All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post

Was that a personal best INE?
                            That was a tough frame,
                            This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                            https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by vmax View Post

Play the Shootout rule of 'a ball must be potted or made to touch a cushion on every stroke played' then he can't play the roll up snooker behind a colour after potting a red.
                              I play with two practise partners and we don't ever play the roll up snooker because all three of us think it's too easy and negative, but if you need a rule to stop someone doing it then the shootout rule works.
                              I would put that rule in motion but he thinks that rolling up to a colour after a red is some type of 'selby snooker'

Comment

Working...
                              X