Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To bow or not to bow, that is the question

Hi all !
    Quite new to the forum and I'm glad I found it, it's been very interesting to read
    I'm in South Wales, I'm nearly 50 and have loved snooker for 40 years wish I was better at it but I'm not bad at potting but my positional play has never been mastered due to lack of practise mostly.

I have a question about storing my cue and have added a link to the picture of it.

As I'm limited in where I can store it I decided to use my sword rack and it does play on my mind that it may cause the cue bow over time. What are your thoughts on this ?
    I do rotate it daily and have it rested in a way so that there is very little weight being placed on the shaft.

I apologise if the photo of horizontal storage causes anyone anxiety
    The white material beneath the rack is a bass trap by the way.

https://ibb.co/PQcv3qW
    Last edited by Darren D; 21 February 2024, 02:38 PM.

Putting it inside a tube would be the answer. Do you not have a case? Looks like a nice cue. What make is it?

Comment

Oh perish the thought...I want to look at it
      I love having it on display, it looks great on the rack !
      Cases for 1 piece cues seem to be very expensive so for transport I use a decent cloth bag

It's a Dragon Silver from Thailand
      Last edited by Darren D; 21 February 2024, 01:26 PM.

Comment

That looks like a deadly weapon!! The swords are impressive too

only thing that slightly concerns me is that every cue rack I’ve ever seen is vertical. Must be for a reason 🤔
        ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

There's another 3 katana's above the picture, one of them actually scares me ! lol

Vertical storage is clearly best unless you see the cues at my local hall where all of them are bent hehehe

I do wonder if I balance mine in the best way horizontally..... may be it's best to have virtually no weight on the right side of the rack and let all of the the heavy part sit on the left or to reduce the weight at the butt end and move the cue a little more to the right with a little more support of weight for the shaft. I don't think the butt end will bow, may be I'm wrong ?....so, I'm torn between allowing some weight at the shaft to rest more on the rack or reduce it as much as possible ? ....hmmmmm

Just remembered I'm supposed to be watching the snooker right now
          Last edited by Darren D; 21 February 2024, 02:29 PM.

Comment

There's no way your cue will ever take a set stored like that... the two contact points are just too close together to allow gravity to have any noticable effect. No worries whatsoever.

Is that a Hanwei Tac Katana in 5160? These are tough as nails, real beasts, I used to have one, too...
            "That pocket moved!"

Comment

Your feedback on that is very good to see neuronic.....
              Yes it's a 5160 tactical
              just FYI. Cheness kaze, cheness tenchi and cheness yamakami sit above it , all 9260 spring steel. It's the yamakami that scares me...it's a true monster of a blade. the Tenchi is the only one I can actually use properly https://ibb.co/tcbTF1Q (off topic)
              Last edited by Darren D; 21 February 2024, 04:10 PM.

Comment

Nice... I always wanted to try some dedicated mat cutter like the Yamakami but then again I was too anxious I'd ruin the edge. Then I got into Albions' Euros and from there on I was always kinda broke, so...
                "That pocket moved!"

Comment

Working...
                X