I have been practising my mistakes for 55 years

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have been practising my mistakes for 55 years

I played to a decent standard from 16 years old onwards.
    My eyes went in my mid thirties, Playing in glasses was never the same.
    I have just had a lens fitted to my right eye, The left eye will operated on late this month.
    Will my game come back, its possible, My highest break is 38, But in Thailand we only play with 6 reds. This site is a wealth of knowledge. All these years i have been using Refined Linseed oil.
    Raw Linseed Oil is on order, 0000 wire wool and a 4 inch buffing wheel.

I've posted on this forum many, many times, do not use raw linseed oil as it doesn't cure. Don't take any notice of what others tell you, this is a fact, use boiled linseed oil as the temperature reached when boiled creates a chemical change in the oil that allows it to cure, this is why it's boiled otherwise there would be no need to do so. Raw linseed may feel dry but it really isn't, it's fine for cricket bats and furniture but not cues.
    Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
    but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

I am confused, Dont use boiled linseed oil a poster said. Dont use refined linseed oil, all the goodness has been taken out of it. Well my raw oil has just arrived and I am going to give it a shot.

Comment

Working...
      X