Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from California

Hi,
    I am from California, USA. I am trying to acquire a snooker table as my new home will have space to fit. Also not too many clubs around here so would give me flexibility to play anytime. I have 3 options:

1. New Olhausen table (USA): Olhausen is reputable pool table maker in USA and comes with lifetime warranty which speaks about quality. However, pockets don't follow a traditional rail and are instead net drops and have not heard too many reviews. Priced at $8000 including delivery but won't come with accessories such as balls, lights etc. According to them it's made like a traditional snooker table with Strachan 6811, Brazilian slates, not sure if steel cushions.https://imgur.com/0hR5EDG
    https://imgur.com/0hR5EDG
    2. New Xinpai star s106 (China): https://en.xingpaibilliard.com/produ.../31/12079.html. Comes in from China at $8000 including delivery with all accessories. I like the table, however I saw posts here where users warned about the quality. Moreover I cannot get reviews from users about quality as well. Need to deal with customs

3. Used Riley Aristrocrat (USA): Priced at $9500 including delivery. It's clean table and only 5 years old.

4. Refurbished Riley Aristrocrat (UK): Priced at $9000 including delivery and will come in from UK. However this will be more than 15 years old. Need to deal with customs

This forum has been great and helped me in buying my cue from ADR147 which has been playing lovely so here I come again to seek expert opinions. All the tables are priced in same range and I need to buy remotely so in a dillema.

Originally Posted by Snooker_master View Post
    3. Used Riley Aristrocrat (USA): Priced at $9500 including delivery. It's clean table and only 5 years old.
    This would be my choice.

Comment

Originally Posted by WilliamKent View Post

This would be my choice.
      Seconded!! 👍
      ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Used Riley Aristocrat.

I've often wondered about the snooker scene in California - any clubs in LA, SF, etc? Lots of wealthy people with big houses and nice climate - lots more very poor people, of course. What's it like, is there anywhere to play?

Comment

I am in sf, and there are only few clubs that have snooker tables. Usually i find people to play, however quality of players is nothing like uk. There is also a snooker tour in usa and have some tournaments throughout the year. Its definitely better than other cities in usa where you would hardly find a snooker table to play

Comment

Is the USA table steel block cushion? What accessories are included? Is new cloth fitted to bed and cushions and if so which grade of cloth? What pocket size are you requiring. Most people buy a table once in a lifetime. Buy wisely would be my advise. Compare apples to apples.

Comment

Working...
            X