Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New member and some cue advice required

Hi All

Great to become a member and some wise words in a lot of the forums. I have just started playing (in my 50s), played a little when younger and no aspirations of becoming very good but thoroughly enjoy it once a week with a mate over a pint. So i am after a cue and budget is about £100, i could go higher but not sure it would benefit someone at my level who isnt going to spend hours on the practice table. I have read through the forums and advice seemed to be try some out and just wondering if there is anywhere in the West Midlands where i could try a few out, happy with 2nd hand etc. I am not sure on size, weight etc so any advice welcome. Thanks all

For a budget of 100 quid I’d say you would be best looking at second hand. Could try Gumtree and hope there was someone local to you selling. E-bay worth a look.

Comment

Hi welcome. Lot of questions need answering to give useful help:-

Do you just need a cue?
      Are you hoping for cue extns and case?
      Would a 2 piece cue be better suited for convenience?
      Do you prefer one piece cues or 3/4 split?

Spec wise, these are what probably 85% of players use:-

Tip 9.5 mm
      Length 57-58 inch
      Weight 17.5 - 18.5 Oz
      Butt dia 29/30 mm
      Balance point around 17 inches
      ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Thanks Cue Crafty
        In answer to your questions
        I would like a cue, case and would prefer 3/4 split. I could push the budget further but just not at a level where i think a way more expensive cue would make much difference to my game.
        Thanks for the advice greatly appreciated

Comment

It's great to hear you're enjoying the game. For trying out cues, you might want to check out Cue Craft in Nottingham or Cue Sports in Birmingham, as both have a good selection and knowledgeable staff. Given your budget and needs, I'd recommend a mid-range cue around £100, which should be perfect for casual play. Trying out different sizes and weights in person will definitely help you find what feels best.

Comment

Thanks i will google location for cue sports Birmingham and try and pay them a visit next week

Comment

Sorry was it definitely Cue Sports in Birmingham as I couldnt locate it

Comment

Log onto ebay and type '3/4 snooker cue set' into the search box, you'll find many to choose from, chinese made with case and extensions for less than £100.
                Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
                but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

Thanks will try that

Comment

https://handmadecues.com/advice/
                    https://www.parriscues.com/faq/#6

The basic idea is you cannot go too wrong with 57’’-58’’ length / 9-10mm tip size/ 28.5-30mm butt diameter/ 18-20 oz weight.

IMO the convenience of 16’’ 3/4 cue shines only when taking flights. Cue cases for 1pcs are usually ~1.55 meter in length, which is okay for most cars except 2-seat supercars.

Comment

Hi, new to the group, advice needed. I recently took my cue of 30 years plus to my local wmc and it was locked up in a snooker cue case, the lock was forced off and cue was stolen, the club has said they aren't responsible and won't replace even though there are no signs saying they aren't responsible or not even reporting the theft, has anyone else had this issue or can advise on what I can do?

Comment

Originally Posted by Sportbilly View Post
                        Hi, new to the group, advice needed. I recently took my cue of 30 years plus to my local wmc and it was locked up in a snooker cue case, the lock was forced off and cue was stolen, the club has said they aren't responsible and won't replace even though there are no signs saying they aren't responsible or not even reporting the theft, has anyone else had this issue or can advise on what I can do?
                        Report the theft to the police.

Comment

Working...
                        X