Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie from Ontario

Hi everyone,
    I'm writing in from a small town about an hour east of Toronto.

I came across The Snooker Forum as I surfed the Net to find out some more about the table I bought a year or so ago.

To be honest, we haven't played much snooker on it yet. My kids are much more interested in 8-Ball and 9-Ball. I've tried to get them into snooker a few times but they lose interest when it takes so long to finish a game (I blame video games and TV for their short attention spans.) The table also has incredibly small pockets so it's easy to go more than a few shots without scoring.

I'm hoping TSF will help me understand the game a little more so that I can get my kids hooked. I also think that we'll all enjoy it a little more once we develop our skills a bit.

Thanks for the great forum.

Hi, welcome to TSF, im sure that you'll learn a fair bit on this forum.

Comment

Welcome to TSF, I hope you and the family'll enjoy it.
      Il n'y a pas de problemes; il n'y a que des solutions qu'on n'a pas encore trouvées.

"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put in a fruit salad." Brian O'Driscoll.

Comment

It is a cruise ship, TSF is.
        Travelling together to many parts of the world, prosyletising... we are The Snookership of Fools.

Welcome aboard Koldogger!

=o)

Noel

Comment

Originally Posted by noel View Post
          Travelling together to many parts of the world, prosyletising... we are The Snookership of Fools.

=o)

Noel
          You got me with that word, Noel, any way you could clear up the mystery? Never seen that one before.
          Il n'y a pas de problemes; il n'y a que des solutions qu'on n'a pas encore trouvées.

"Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put in a fruit salad." Brian O'Driscoll.

Comment

Hi Keith,

I told you I use a good online dictionary...

pros·e·ly·tize (prs-l-tz)
            v. pros·e·ly·tized, pros·e·ly·tiz·ing, pros·e·ly·tiz·es
            v.intr.
            1. To induce someone to convert to one's own religious faith.
            2. To induce someone to join one's own political party or to espouse one's doctrine.
            v.tr.
            To convert (a person) from one belief, doctrine, cause, or faith to another.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

prose·ly·ti·zation (-t-zshn) n.
            prose·ly·tizer n.

The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition copyright ©2000 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Updated in 2003. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.
            I am confused... Oh wait... Maybe I'm not...

Comment

Oh, and I forgot:

Welcome to TSF. You will soon be addicted as we are...

Comment

[QUOTE=ChatLag;374401]Hi Keith,

v.intr.
                2. To induce someone to join one's own political party or to espouse one's doctrine.
                3. To sell them really good cues and make them wait a long time to actually get them.

=o)

Noel

Comment

[QUOTE=noel;374405]
                  Originally Posted by ChatLag View Post
                  Hi Keith,

v.intr.
                  3. To sell them really good cues and make them wait a long time to actually get them.

=o)

Noel

And on top of that loving the waiting somehow...

Comment

=o)

Noel
                    Hi Keith,

v.intr.
                    v.tr.
                    To convert (a person) from one belief, doctrine, cause, or faith to another.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

prose·ly·ti·zation (-t-zshn) n.
                    prose·ly·tizer n.

The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition copyright ©2000 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Updated in 2003. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.
                    Of course, if the word had been spelt correctly it might have helped those of us who don't use an online dictionary (which is really good, btw) but, instead, rely upon a book and the correct spelling of the word!! Lol

So, in fact we should welcome our newest proselyte, Koldogger.

Comment

[QUOTE=noel;374405]
                      Hi Keith,

v.intr.

=o)

Noel
                      Lolololol!

Comment

[QUOTE=ChatLag;374406]

And on top of that loving the waiting somehow...
                        Yes, just like a kid during the build-up to Christmas, eh?

Comment

[QUOTE=KeithinFrance;374413]

Yes, just like a kid during the build-up to Christmas, eh?
                          Oh yes. THey know where the presents are and how they look.
                          But they don't know what's inside...

Comment

That is so damn true, Christian! So damn true!

Comment

Oh yes, being curious can be sooooo hard....
                              Muahahahaaaaa.... (evil)

Comment

Working...
                              X