Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

System keeps bugging me to say hi ..so ..hi!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• System keeps bugging me to say hi ..so ..hi!

Torontonian. I was looking for information on optimum cue weights when stumbled on this forum.

Hi.

I am a very infrequent player, but still love the game.

My only claim to fame was I once played George Chenier (Canadian champ? many many years ago) in an exhibition match, and lost decisively.

Welcome Doug,

Hope you'll enjoy being here. It's a nice forum.

PS : Toronto? Uh....LAFFS SUCK! Flyers rule !!
    Ton Praram III Series 1 | 58" 18.4oz 9.4mm | ash shaft + 4 splices of Brazilian Rosewood | Grand Cue medium tips

Comment

Hi Doug, did you find the information you wanted on cue weights? Feel free to start a thread if not.

George Chenier, that must have been a while ago. He made one appearance at the world championships back in 1950, got to the semi finals. Probably would've competed more often and maybe made more of a name for himself if there was any money in the game back then to pay for the travelling.

He was indeed Canadian champion (North American champion technically, though I think pretty much everyone decent was Canadian) for 22 years until Cliff took over, no shame in losing to him.

Again, welcome to the forum.

Comment

Hey Doug -

Good to see a fellow Canuck on the boards!

Enjoy your visits and feel free to jump into a discussion...

hey Erwan - do you mean 'Leafs'

Curtis

Comment

Welcome Doug ,
          Hope you will like it here.
          Who needs 'The Rocket' , When RaNeN is here!

Comment

Originally Posted by Curtis
            hey Erwan - do you mean 'Leafs'

Curtis
            Ya, I meant "Leafs", as I pointed out the "Toronto Maple Leafs", the most hated hockey team of North-America, isn't it Doug? And as I Philadelphia Flyers die hard fan, I cannot not tease a guy from Toronto! [Philly and Toronto are fierce rivals!] But in the NHL, everybody uses the term of "Laffs" to describe them...lol

No offence Doug, just some easy teasing!
            Ton Praram III Series 1 | 58" 18.4oz 9.4mm | ash shaft + 4 splices of Brazilian Rosewood | Grand Cue medium tips

Comment

Thanks everyone.

Yes the Leafs suck big time. They were mismanaged for so long they drained all my interest in the game. Screw them. Viva snooker!

Umm yes I had my 'cue weight' question answered. I had just purchased a new cue which weight was designated by 'H' for 'heavy', and I was told by the store manager it weighed 18 oz. It felt good to me, and as heavy as my old 19 oz cue, so that set me to wondering what cue weight a 'good' player would like.

No idea if the cue is a good one or not but it felt good in my hand. It listed in local currency for $280 Canadian, which is at the high end of cues here. Ummm it's a Ronnie O'Sullivan model, from BCE Custom Cues, Heritage Collection? Dunno Greek to me :-)

Comment

Working...
              X