Hi folks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi folks

I'm snooker daft and have been for 22 years now. Took up game when I was 9, yes thats right, I'm now 31

Parents bought me a 4 ft table for christmas and I fell in love with the game, you know how it goes. I travel to the odd tournament, not as many as I would like due to family commitments. Have'nt been to crucible yet but it's definately on my 'to do' list for next year.

Look forward to meeting new people on here and hopefully some old names.
    Mon the Rocket

Hi Cessy
    You play a long slow deadweight red to a corner pocket. As it approaches the pocket, a kamikaze woodlouse crawls out from under the cushion and makes its way across the table, conflicting with the path of the red precisely at the point the red gets there. The red, needless to say, veers off course, and the future of the woodlouse is uncertain. - The Statman

Comment

Hello, good to see another old BBC poster. Have you been to any proffesional tournaments before? You should definatly go to the Crucible as soon as you can because its immense. Ive been to centre court at Wimbledon on the final day and the atmosphere there cannot compete with the Crucible.
      TSF World Champion 2010
      TSF Snooker Prediction Contest Overall Champion 2006/07
      BBC Snooker Prediction Contest Overall Champion 2005/06

Comment

Hi Mitsuko, gee that was quick

Some carry on today on the bbc site eh

Is there a few others I will know here then?
        Mon the Rocket

Comment

Yeh theres a few, alot have joined up today because of what happened on BBC's.
          You play a long slow deadweight red to a corner pocket. As it approaches the pocket, a kamikaze woodlouse crawls out from under the cushion and makes its way across the table, conflicting with the path of the red precisely at the point the red gets there. The red, needless to say, veers off course, and the future of the woodlouse is uncertain. - The Statman

Comment

Hi Alex

Yeah I've been to few tournaments, mostly scottish venues though.

Looking forward to wee trip to Aberdeen this year.

I was almost at crucible this year for the final but had to back out at the last minute for financial reasons. Never mind, always next year and hopefully my fav player/s in final.
            Mon the Rocket

Comment

No wonder Mitsuko, that was ridiculous today. I see Statman logged on here too.

This site looks good though, just take a little getting used to.
              Mon the Rocket

Comment

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/mbfivelive/...st=1#p37155721

My message just came up, so everyone should find this place tomorrow.

Comment

All of the posts are now back on now
                  TSF World Champion 2010

Comment

Evening all, it's good to see a few fresh faces to join in the discussion. I'm a long-time member here, and I'm an occasional poster, frequent lurker on the BBC forum too (you might have followed my link to get here).

Since we seem to have a few new BBC members on here today, I'll outline a few of the differences for those not familiar with a 'normal' forum like this one:

1. We don't mind 'off topic' chat here, just keep it to the appropriate section so that it doesn't get in the way of the serious stuff. Off topic discussions between two members should be kept to private messages if they're not of interest to anyone else.

2. We're open all hours

3. Moderation is done by volunteer members, namely myself and ranen, as well as the forum owner Curtis. We generally won't get in the way, though we might move things around to keep things tidy, and we'll obviously step in if spammers or idiots appear or discussions get out of hand. Unlike the BBC, you can talk to the mods here, just PM one of us. We do ask that you respect copyright and libel laws when posting, for the good of the forum.

4. You can edit, quote, search, format messages, post as often as you like, and do lots of other handy things that aren't possible there.

5. The forum is built for it's members, we hope you enjoy yourselves .

Comment

This forum is brilliant. I have always searched for a forum like this. As good as the BBC one is this is far superior and its great that we have contact with the mods. However I will miss the Biggest Discussion Ever quiz and prediction contest and can only hope this forum have similiar additions.
                      Thank you Robert for making us welcome
                      TSF World Champion 2010

Comment

No problem.

Statman has talked about making this site the home of next season's prediction contest, so you could have a chance to defend your title here Alex .

As for the BDE quiz, we haven't had the volume of frequent posters in the past to make something like that possible here, but perhaps with a migration of people from the BBC it could happen. You're welcome to start one, the snooker lounge is probably the best place for it.

Comment

Welcome Cessy,

Glad to have you aboard. Hope you make this your new snooker home

For the new members, I just want to echo Robert's statements - we would like to keep this forum as informal and open as possible and I will try to make myself as available as possible - but Robert and Ranen are always around somewhere!

As a shameless plug, feel free to invite others that want to be part of this community!

Curtis

Comment

Another thing this has over BBC's is that you cannot steal somebodys identity, no name can be used more than once.

Comment

Tried have you Mitsuko
                              Mon the Rocket

Comment

Working...
                              X