Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Son of ex pro :)

Hey to everyone at TSF

My names Dale James and my dad is Steve James who was a top snooker player in the late 80's and early 90's. He reached 5th in the world provisionaly and 7th in the yearly rankings. Theres some info on him in my sig with youtube vids of him and alex higgins. Im going to try and find my dads old snooker tapes of his matches so i can put them on youtube too

I love the game but dont have the time or money to practice. My dad cant take me regulary either as i dont live with him. Would ->love<- to be pro someday but im now 16 (17 in december) and i just know its far too late as all snooker pros are brought up to play as kids :\ I never lose to my mates though and can pull off some amazing shots :P But as soon as i get into playing and start getting good, its usually another at least 2 weeks before i get to play again I havent played in about a month or two now as i was doing exams and now have a job, which is good for money but takes up all my time.

So yeah aup geezas! :snooker:

welcome to the forum
    2009 Shanghai Masters Predict the Qualifiers Champion

2008 Grand Prix Final Prediction Champion

http://ryan147.com

Comment

Welcome to TSF Dale

Comment

I remember your dad when he used to come over to galway in Ireland and play, he was a really nice and alway had time to give advice or help you out.. but he was some player and potter...

Comment

Is he still into his bikes? I remember he had a Honda Nr750(£35 grand I think!!)

Comment

i was at the Norbreck castle blackpool in 1990 watching youre dad win the Mercantile Credit Classic..

i thought youre dad was a brilliant player that underachieved through his Diabetes i supose but i have nothing but fond memories of the cannock canonball....

Comment

Steve

Yeah he loves his bikes! Came off not to long ago at donington park though and ruined his honda. He fixed it up again eventually and flogged it because hes now skint! Hes living in kidderminster now with his new girlfriend whos looking after him though :P And i dont know why but im in love with bikes too! Even though i've never even rode one aha. Another thing me and my dad have in common is how laid back we are :P theres not a thing in the world that will bother us xD

Yeah, i really wish he never had diabetes, it ruined his snooker. He told me once how he woke up for a game against alex higgins, opened his eyes, and everything was just a blur because his eyes were swollen and watering.

Is diabetes genetic btw :| i dont think i fancy injecting myself with insulin everyday like dad!

Comment

welcome mate, i always enjoyed watching your dad play

Comment

ive noticed you suport Neil Robertson ...

i think he is a very similar player to youre dad.. brilliant long potter and a entertaining persanality.

Comment

Hello mate and welcome, i'm having trouble with the links in your sig?? would'nt mind watching them :snooker:
                    After 15 reds and 15 blacks i did this http://youtu.be/DupuczMS2o4

Comment

Hi and welcome.

I really enjoyed watching your Dad play & thought he was great to watch & very talented & could make the game look very easy at times. I enjoyed watching his games with Alex Higgins, most notably at the 1990 WC and the semi-final of the 1990 British open.

Enjoy your time on the forum..
                      "Statistics won't tell you much about me. I play for love, not records."

ALEX HIGGINS

Comment

Welcome to the forum. And I agree with spike, your dad was great to watch and made the game look remarkably easy.

Comment

Welcome to TSF buddy.
                          Always play snooker with a smile on your face...You never know when you'll pot your last ball.

China Open 2009 Fantasy Game Winner.
                          Shanghai Masters 2009 Fantasy Game Winner.

Comment

Hi Dale. I remember playing your dad in a pro-am at the northern snooker centre in Leeds in 1985. He was ranked the best amateur in the country then and he murdered me. I hung around to watch his next match and he made breaks of 80 odd and 133. This was heavy scoring for a best-of-five back then. He was quick, fluent and his long potting was outstanding - a very talented player. I still have a video tape with his breaks of 104 & 140 in his first round match against Rex Williams from the 1988 WC.

Comment

Hi Dale. Good to have you here. Welcome to TSF from another Steve James fan.

You are now the second son-of-someone on here. We already have son-of Cliff (Wilson).
                              "You can shove your snooker up your jacksie 'cos I aint playing no more!" Alex Higgins.

Comment

Working...
                              X