Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• playing partener

Hi guys !
    I have a problem, which i want to share with you guys.
    Whenever i am playing with or against someone who
    i donot like or do't respect in my club, i do't seem to
    play well and the opposite happens when i am playing
    with someone i like and have lot of respect for.
    WHY IS THIS ?

Your probably trying "too hard" to beat the person you dont like and therefore maybe the reason why you dont play so well, as opposed to when you play someone you like..
    "Statistics won't tell you much about me. I play for love, not records."

ALEX HIGGINS

Comment

Play the balls, not the player
      Forget it, Donny, you're out of your element

Comment

Originally Posted by jonplayer View Post
        Play the balls, not the player
        Good advice but sometimes easier said than done..
        "Statistics won't tell you much about me. I play for love, not records."

ALEX HIGGINS

Comment

You'll probably find that when you're playing against someone you dont like you're to busy concentrating on them ( how much you want to smack them in the chops maby) instead of your game. Negetive thinking might bring negetive playing... Just a guess.

I have a simular problem when playing someone of the oppersite sex, be they attractive or not (although the more attractive the harder it is to concentrate), It's just a psychological thing yeah....?

Comment

I get similar symptoms against players I'm expected to beat and I know I'm better than. I don't play my normal game, and end up having to scrap for a win on the colours. Whereas against players of a similar level to me or better, I raise my game and play much better.
            Cheers
            Steve

Comment

Good thread actually. Reminds me of the only time I was in this position a few years ago. We used to have an arrogant american come down our local club and play 9 ball whilst drinking about 10 pints. Got to admit, id seen him play a few times and he was a very tidy pool player but the more he drank the cockier and mouthier he got which turned a few faces around the club.

The one night he came down the stairs into the snooker hall after he'd played pool for a few hours and had a lot of beer and started walking around the snooker tables asking people for a game of snooker. I was playing quite well that night so took him up on his offer. Myself and my mates (or anyone in the club for that matter) couldnt stand the guy so I was determined to beat him.

After a long and incredibly scrappy frame I beat him but only on the blue. It was the worst frame id played all night. Its completely pychological but the harder you try in situations like that your technique just goes out of the window.

Its very difficult but you must play the frame like any other. As said before play the balls and NOT the player. If id played like I had done earlier that night it would have been over well before the colours. Hope I get the same scenario again because i'll know what to do next time :snooker:

Comment

Thanks guys or should i say thanks partners !!!!

Comment

Working...
                X