Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello "Fae Bonnie Scotland"

Hello folks,
    Just had a wee look around the site and it looks like a pretty decent place to while away a few hours and catch up with old and new snooker friends alike.

My name is Stevie Baillie, 2009 Scottish Masters (Over 40's) National Champion and No.1 Ranked player.
    I am off to India on the 13th of November (Friday!) to represent Scotland in the 2009 IBSF World Masters Snooker Championships.
    I lost in the quarter finals to former Pro and eventual Winner Darren Morgan in Thailand in 2007, so I would love to go one better on that performance this time round. Although in saying that, the main priority is escaping the group stages to get into the tournament proper.
    This is my 6th IBSF World Championships in a row - so really looking forward to it.
    I was the former Chairman of Scottish Snooker for the past 6 years and have recently resigned from the board (along with others) on a matter of principle.
    I am also the only WSA Grade A qualified coach up here in Scotland, and I am now looking forward to using my spare time to help the new breed of youngsters coming along in the game.

Looking forward to "Chewing the Snooker Fat" with many of you.

Catch up soon.
    StevieB
    www.sbandsa.co.uk

Best of Luck Stevie!
    ... and Welcome.

=o)

Noel

Comment

Noel

Thanks mate.
      You make your own luck in life Noel, so I'll be fine.

Wont be long til xmas

Where you from Nowl?
      Where do you play?
      www.sbandsa.co.uk

Comment

Hi Stevie and welcome to the forum all the best.

warren.
        Not played for 3 years and itching for a game....11-3-2017.

Comment

Originally Posted by StevieB13147 View Post
          Thanks mate.
          You make your own luck in life Noel, so I'll be fine.

Wont be long til xmas

Where you from Nowl?
          Where do you play?
          If I were in Scotland I'd come looking for you Stevie... for a lesson!

Toronto is where I am mate.

=o)

Noel

Comment

Hi Stevie

Good to hear from you again.

Tim
            http://www.snooker-coach.co.uk

Comment

Hang on in there mate. Good luck. Over 40's is not that bad! Do us proud in India. Are you available for a few lessons sometime? Been looking for Chris Small but think he's changed his mobile number. The club he played at down Leith (Edinburgh) has closed last time I looked. Try to give us a few posts with your progress.

Comment

Guys

Warren, Noel, Tim and Bigmeek!

Thanks for the welcome guys.
                Warren - Where do you play mate.

Noel - Do you see much of Cliff T or Kirk Stevens?
                Shared a few good nights and laughs with Kirk and Dee Dee over in Austria last year at the 2008 IBSF World Championships.
                They were staying in the same Hotel as the Scottish Party, I had not seen Kirk for over 20 years and incredibly he even remembered the last time we met - It was at a Bruce Springsteen concert in Wembley Stadium - Scarey were the years go!
                If you see them - please pass on my regards.
                I hope he is over in India for the Worlds. Catch up time - with a one year gap!

Tim - Grand to hear from you Sir. How Alex doing ?
                Great Lad you have there Tim - He was a standout up here in Glasgow at the recent Scotland v England team match.
                Give him my best mate.
                PS We want that shield back!

Bigmeek - Hi Sir. Do I know you?
                What's your real name (I hate all this "handle" mince).
                Yes I am available for lessons.
                Full details are at: www.thistlesnookeracademy.co.uk
                Gimme a bell if you are interested.
                If not - keep well Sir.

Cheers Lads

16 Days to take off!
                www.sbandsa.co.uk

Comment

Big Meek

Just re-read your post mate.
                  Yeah the club that Chris was based in "The Leith State Snooker Club" closed a few years back.
                  I know that John Higgins and Graeme Dott are still in contact with him - if you want Chris's number?
                  Gimme a shout and I'll get it for you.

I know he was coaching up to last year, dont know if he still is.
                  He was working with a few youngsters from over in the East.
                  But you can enquire if he is still coaching?

Cheers for now.
                  www.sbandsa.co.uk

Comment

Noel - Do you see much of Cliff
                    Stevie... yes... though he's been busy with moving house in the past month he's been practicising for the Seniors Event of the Year (my title) in Scotland [ details in this thread http://www.thesnookerforum.com/board...78&postcount=1 ] and he's there NOW!
                    Maybe you can hookup with him!

By all account Alex better be on his "A-game" or else.
                    I've had my opportunities to spot balls for the great man myself so I know how competitive he'll be!

Sorry I can't be there on the 31st!

Cheers mate.

=o)

Noel

Comment

Stevie:

I think you'll recognize the name. I used to practice in Reardon's in Glasgow back in 1985 and 86 with Jimmy McNellan, Ken MacIntosh, John Rea and all the rest of the boys. John Higgins was just a wee lad in those days but he says he remembers the Canadian who used to practice there.

You and I were supposed to do our Master Coach training with Nic Barrow last September but you had to back out I think so I ended up as the only student for that one.

Canada doesn't have anyone going into the World Masters this year as far as I know. However, a fellow named Eriks Malderis will be playing in the Open for Canada so at least we'll have some representation. Say hello to Eriks when you're in India.

I live in Canada, about 2hrs north of Toronto and my local club is a match table in my basement where I am my own primary student

Cheers,
                      Terry
                      Terry Davidson
                      IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Hi Stevie,

For my handle read Mark Jones..

Nice to see you on here mate.

Best of skill in India..

Cheers.

Markj.
                        You're damned if you do and you're damned if you don't

Comment

Just re-read your post mate.
                          Yeah the club that Chris was based in "The Leith State Snooker Club" closed a few years back.
                          I know that John Higgins and Graeme Dott are still in contact with him - if you want Chris's number?
                          Gimme a shout and I'll get it for you.

I know he was coaching up to last year, dont know if he still is.
                          He was working with a few youngsters from over in the East.
                          But you can enquire if he is still coaching?

Cheers for now.
                          Stevie,Thanks for the note. Don't think our paths will ever have crossed. My name is Mike Tait and I'm a (youngish!!) retired accountant now living in Edinburgh. I've played snooker all my life and have yet to make a 50 break!! Just love the game. If I could live my life again I would get involved in snooker big time in some capacity. Clearly not as a player. I play my snooker mostly in the Locarno club in Slateford (sort of North West) Edinburgh. Since retiring I have been indulging my passion and get down to the Crucible every year. Was at the Grand Prix a few weeks back and saw Ronnie, John etc. Looking around for amateur "knock-outs" at the moment to see if I can get some more competition. Just play for fun just now.
                          If you've got time to send me Chris's mobile I appreciate it. My e-mail is miketait@talktalk.net. I think Chris would be good for me as a while back I had some back trouble which means I struggle to get down on the shots properly. With Chris's well documented back trouble he might be able to provide some good sound advise. I think he experimented with his stance quite a bit before being forced to retire.
                          Well that's all from me. Keep us all in touch with your progress. This site is great for sharing information and for amateurs like me picking up tips. I've learned a huge amount by just reading through the messages.

Comment

Originally Posted by Bigmeek View Post
                            Looking around for amateur "knock-outs" at the moment to see if I can get some more competition. Just play for fun just now.
                            Hi Mike, I see you play at the Locarno, get in touch with Paul the owner next time he's in, I'm sure he'll point you in the direction of some very good tournaments if you fancy it .
                            :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by AntMac147 View Post
                              Hi Mike, I see you play at the Locarno, get in touch with Paul the owner next time he's in, I'm sure he'll point you in the direction of some very good tournaments if you fancy it .
                              Thanks AntMac147. I'll check it out with Paul. There used to be a Sunday morning handicap tournament but don't think they run it any more. There's another club at Chesser (Corn Exchange) which I popped into the other day. Gave my number to a guy and he said he would get someone to call me. Looks promising. They've got quite a few tables there and a little room with a matchroom table. Would love to get in there.

Comment

Working...
                              X