No announcement yet.

much better than the bbc site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, I think White plays snooker the way it should be played. Well, not so much now, as his form has slipped.

But he used to have an ability to make snooker look so easy,which of course it isn't - not just in his potting but also in his cueball control.

Also, he is a brave player who is still prepared to take chances even though he knows one miss could lose him the match.

Snooker got pretty boring for me in the mid to late 1990s when a whole bunch of players came along who seemed to have little or no personality.

Even Davis had more of a personality than some of the current (and nineties) crop. His matches against White and Alex Higgins were fascinating to watch.

Comment

Jules

I'm not really a fan of Hendry either but still enjoy watching him play. The guys a legend and he's done snooker and Scotland proud. As Semih has said, he's actually a top bloke off the table. A born winner who has done snooker and Scotland proud. He is'nt a good loser and often does throw his toys out the pram when he loses, but maybe thats because he was so used to winning in the 1990's and why he has won so much.

I'm the biggest fan of Jimmy, have been for 23 years (when i took up game)and therefore have had to suffer many agonising defeats along the way (particularly those WC final defeats to Hendry).

Have to admit the guy was phenomonal as a pro in the 90's and also in his amatuer days, he was head and shoulders above the rest. He had everything, not one weakness!
      Mon the Rocket

Comment

during the nineties, one of the things that really made me take to hendry, who i already liked a lot anyway, was the way he kept winning the worlds most of the time he played in them.

especially the wins against jimmy white. fantastic.

Comment

Originally Posted by Semih_Sayginer
          during the nineties, one of the things that really made me take to hendry, who i already liked a lot anyway, was the way he kept winning the worlds most of the time he played in them.

especially the wins against jimmy white. fantastic.
          Yes, that was the thing that made me hate him...

Jimmy should have won two of those, especially the one where he was 14-8 in front. It's his own fault though. I remember Hendry could barely pot a ball at that point but made two great run outs to go in to the interval only 14-10. If it had been 15-9, might have been a different story.

Comment

much that i dont want to admit it, as were not exactly buddies, but ive got a lot of respect and admiration for jimmy.

that said, im sooooo glad hendo kept beating him.

hes a good bridesmaid is jimmy.

Comment

Semi, don't rub it in.

I'm not biting
              Mon the Rocket

Comment

Originally Posted by Cessy143
                Semi, don't rub it in.

I'm not biting
                i wasnt getting at you mate. this nobody likes you.

(not that i was *really* getting at anyone)

Comment

It's ok Semih, i'm over it now

As i've said, I have always enjoyed watching the wonder bairn, more so now that he is'nt winning as much. Nigel Bond's win still makes me smile
                  Mon the Rocket

Comment

makes no odds to me mate.....you can pick as many of your "new favourite snooker players" as you like when picking people whove beat hendo, even when he was at his best in the nineties.

ducks water a off back

Comment

I actually think Hendo still has a few title's in him, not sure about WC titles though.

What do you think Semi ?
                      Mon the Rocket

Comment

Where is everyone?
                        Mon the Rocket

Comment

I think Hendry will make a comeback this year. He probably felt embarrassed after he lost to Nigel Bond, and that could of re-lit the hunger to get more practice in and to start winning tournaments again like he used to.
                          I love the game of snooker :) (even though my mates think that its just a load of balls :D )

Comment

Originally Posted by Cessy143
                            I actually think Hendo still has a few title's in him, not sure about WC titles though.

What do you think Semi ?

what do i think?

i think if he had regular "competition" practise and if the @rse (am i allowed to say @rse?) hadnt fell out of WS for a while then he would have indeed raised his game again.

right, heres the bit youve all been waiting for, honestly, you all have, just didnt know. ronnie when flowing is ALMOST unstopable, but if hendo is in the zone and plays a bit more safety then he can compete even if ronnies flying. it wasnt long ago that hendo wasnt sent home to "his sad life" or whatever. and also, hes got the number one position again, even though hell have to play in bare feet (thats out his socks to you who dont get scots humour [jules]) to keep that come a years time.

jimmy white, much that he was brilliant in his day and would have done a whole lot better had hendo became a tiddlywink player, hasnt got much of a chance of staying on and top level competing. unfortunate, but then perhaps hes still smarting at hendo for winning the WT's that he deserved more and *should* have won.

if higgy has screwed the nut, he will go far in many tournies this season too

Comment

Working...
                            X