New from Scotland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New from Scotland

Hello, just done a google search for the best cue tips to use and came across the site thot i would register since ive been playin alot more.

Although im still not consisten with my potting and havnt had much of a break all lower than 30, ill hopefully get there the more i play. It would be good to get a few pointers something i would like to know is if the shape of my cue is good enough ill get a pic up tomorow if anyone can help. I have been on you tube watching tips on how to do most things and some tips did help although i must be doing something rong but obviously i cant show over the forum lol.

Anyway i live in Greenock not far from glasgow regularly play in the rileys, there are 1 or 2 good tables i usually pick if available but i have noticed a run on a few of the others which is annoying. Recenly just purchased a cue from the same place i play as they sell some its a buffalo 3/4 split, also recieved the extender i ordered its a push on one that works pretty well.

Hi fella, welcome aboard....

Ant:snooker:

Comment

hello, also a new member from Scotland.

Similarly just started playing regulary, slowly getting better haha.

Play at the Davis Club in Ayr which has around 20 tables and is a decent club.

Got a Ken Doherty Riley cue which is a decent starter. Hoping to achieve a half century this year.

Cheers

Comment

Maybe meet up for a game sometime see who worse haha, Were in ayr are you am in Greenock just up the coast

Comment

Hi there.. Welcome aboard
          There are alot pros in this forum, click on the search button and you will get alot info you want.
          Blue Diamond and Omin cue tip is my choice

Comment

I'm from Prestwick mate. Davis club is just a 5 min drive from my house which is ideal! Yeah i'd be up for a game haha

Whats Riley's like where u play?

Comment

No complaints really apart from a few of the tables having runs on them, i know what ones dont tho so usually pick the same one if its available, and its never to busy apart from saturdays when theres kids & all playing aswell.

I usually do the 3 hours for £12 unless im with my cousin hes got a student car so gets 2 hours for £6 we can do that twice if we want. So not bad

Comment

Originally Posted by holland147 View Post
                Play at the Davis Club in Ayr which has around 20 tables and is a decent club.
                Is that all in one room ?? must be a massive place

Comment

Theres about the same amount in the rileys in greenock then a seperate pool room with about 20 pool tables half american half english.

Comment

Where i play we only have 9 tables, altho its never too much trouble getting on - i think my local Rileys only has 6 tables plus about 4 or 5 pool tables - are the 20 tables always in use or a bit of a ghost town ?

Comment

I would say about 70 - 75% of the time its a ghost town with only 4 or 5 in use max, But on a busy day it can be annoying as its far to noisey. I prefer it empty lol just fitted a new tip an elk master looks to be fine so ill get down tomorow and try it out. Replacing the tip isn't the easiest job i have to say lol. And iv'e noticed that compared to the tip that was on my cue the elk master is very very soft, no complaints tho as that's what i was hoping for.

Comment

Yeah mate its pretty massive. Has 6 pool tables also.

Few legends on the wall - Steve Davis opening the hall in the 1980's cutting the ribbon on a table and a young Hendry winning an amatuer tournament as a teenager. Alot of history - could do with a big investment as pretty run down now but a few tables recently re-clothed and play excellently. Has great atmosphere and quite a few characters kicking around - great place.

Must admit also that the club is always packed. Some weeknights its quite common having to wait for a table.

Comment

Hey holland welcome aboard fella...the davis club is suberb i was in there playing on tuesday nigh i got thumped in a compi from David Patterson..dont ken if you know him ! anyway i played on table 9 before my match and it has been re-covered and it was one of the best tables that i have played on for a while..i play all my snooker at the irvine club owned by the same person that owns the davis..i just wish he would spend some money an get the tables all sorted..
                          Not played for 3 years and itching for a game....11-3-2017.

Comment

brilliant mate - table 9 is my personal fav of choice! haha

great table and like u say recently re-clothed!!

u a bit of a player mate? whats the irvine club like?

Comment

Welcome to the forum, hope you enjoy your stay here.
                              Dark side of the moon

Comment

Working...
                              X