hi to everyone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hi to everyone

hi id like to introduce myself to you. i started playing snooker back in 80s and i met a guy who was a captain of a pool team. he asked if i wanted to join, as i was pretty good i said sure. He invited me to play some of his team members, whom i beat. I naturally was welcomed. And won many trophys for the team and myself. I even did some coaching.

Pool was my game but i was reasonably good at snooker, my best being a 77 table clearance of 11 reds and all colours except the last black. shame. I was hitting 30-40 breaks almost every frame.

Now this is the thing i dont know if this has happened to any of you guys, i started playing with a friend who was a begginner and within a couple of months my game was finished. I was playing terrible. I lost interest and on top of that my fav cue got stolen. I simply gave up snooker and pool. Until now that is ive ordered a new cue and hope to get back up to speed. Has this ever happened to anyone? and how did you get your game back id very interested to find out. Regards. jas

Hello there and welcome to the forum hope you will enjoy it and stay for a long time.

Unfortunately being only a young fellow I haven't had what has happened to you and gave it up but there is several other people on the forum I'm sure who have went down that road in life... I'm sure you will pick it back up again no problem.

Post something regarding that in the 'coaching questions' lots of people will help you, no problem.

Hope everything goes well.
    Dark side of the moon

Comment

Hello jaz. i know exactly where your coming from although im not as good as player as you.
      was getting loads of balls in before i started playing someone with less skill. i started out really well in the first game then the games to come i couldn't hit anything.
      I have a feeling it because i was fresh at the start then got bored.
      And by playing someone of less skill really lowered my standard to date.
      If practice makes perfect, and no one's perfect, then why practice?

Comment

Try and play someone who you know is better than you, it pushs you and brings the best out of you!
        Dark side of the moon

Comment

i try to, but i dont know many ppl who actully play snooker often who's better then me lol
          If practice makes perfect, and no one's perfect, then why practice?

Comment

thanks for the encouragement guys.

I had a brain storm yesterday. I was trying to figure out ways of raising money for the unfortunate incident in Haiti. Im going to try and do a snookerthon, my and a friend are going to play snooker for 24 hours on the trot. just looking for a local snooker centre that will waiver the light charge. We hope to raise £5000. If it is successful maybe some of you guys would be up for the challange. We could end up having a snookerthons up and down the country. Any thoughts? Possible issues? ideas? or words of encouragement most welcome.

Regards Jas

Comment

Always try to play people better than yourself if possible. Playing worse people means you take your eye off shots, it doesn't matter if your technique is up to scratch, you play poor safety's because it doesn't matter if you let them in.

Wish you luck in raising money for charity.
              sigpic A Truly Beakerific Long Pot Sir!

Comment

You're not Ronnie O'Sullivan by any chance are you mate?

=o|

Noel

Comment

It's always great to play someone better or of the same calibre...but if you only have a few people of lesser skills to play, then spot them 20/40/60 etc. points. It will keep you trying your best!
                  Regards,

Comment

By playing with someone who is much better than myself. It helps you to control your emotion and patients too.. as I lose most of the time....

Comment

Hi.. Welcome to TSF..

It's a joy of seeing Ron playing

Comment

Originally Posted by Freddie Ng View Post
                        By playing with someone who is much better than myself. It helps you to control your emotion and patients too.. as I lose most of the time....
                        I lost to my mate every frame for 4 months on the trot... But when I finally beat him... Man it felt good

Don't be discouraged to play people better than yourself, they can always teach you new things and provide you with a challenge.
                        sigpic A Truly Beakerific Long Pot Sir!

Comment

Originally Posted by RGCirencester View Post
                          I lost to my mate every frame for 4 months on the trot... But when I finally beat him... Man it felt good

Don't be discouraged to play people better than yourself, they can always teach you new things and provide you with a challenge.
                          Agreed. I will surely do that too. But I want to play against you if we ever have the chance? What say you?
                          My cueing sucks

Comment

Originally Posted by RGCirencester View Post

What was the score when you beat him can you remember?
                            Dark side of the moon

Comment

Working...
                            X