Hi Everybody!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi Everybody!

I have now been on this forum for about a month.

I love playing snooker and have an 8ft table at my house with 10 reds.

My highest break was 26 before today...

But, about an hour ago, I made a break of 55!

I have a cheap Pot Black Cue that I got about 5 years ago, but never really used it until I got my table at Christmas! It has a nice oil finish and perfect balance, in other words, I love it!

I don't know how I got this break of 55. I just took my time over each shot, paused at the back and stayed down on the shot.

I just seemed to always get position on the next ball and nearly cleared the table. I potted the pink and ended up touching the black, but I still potted it after my dad had a go at it.

I don't know how I kept getting good position, I suppose I just went with my instincts as regards to position and went with the flow of it.

I am EXTREMELY PLEASED with myself, I am only 13, but I just feel amazing because I made that break of 55.

I hope that it is not just a one-off, but I have a feeling that it is?

Any tips for consistent break-building?

Cheers,
    Benjamin
    Name: Benjamin Hegan Age:15

Best Matchplay Break : 55.

Best Practice break (line up) : 91.

Welcome along young sir and congrats on the 55 at 13 is impressive. Keep up the practice and your century will not be far away.

Chris
    Back at snooker after many years away.

Highest Match Break 53.
    Highest Practise Break 78.

Comment

Wao.. at 13.. You're on 55..
      Cant imagine when you get older

Keep up the good work

Comment

Originally Posted by Mark Selby Fan View Post

Cheers,
        Benjamin
        Keep on practicing and keep up the good work. Try to play on Tournament size table+pocket if possible. Focus but enjoy the game always.

Cheers, young buddy...
        My cueing sucks

Comment

Riley Table the best

Comment

well done young man!!! a 55 is great - and i don't think you need much advice as you seem on the right track - just keep potting balls, and enjoying it and maybe do the line up,(with all the colours on their spots and all the reds in a line in between) just to practice your cueing technique and i'm sure you'll do fine!!

Good Luck!!

Comment

Hi guys!

Thanks for all the advice, I will try to play on a full size table and do the line up.

I hope that this is not just a one off. I will keep practising and try my best to get a century.

I forgot to mention that I didn't use ANY side spin at all during the break! I just used topspin and backspin! How cool is that!

C u later guys!
              Name: Benjamin Hegan Age:15

Best Matchplay Break : 55.

Best Practice break (line up) : 91.

Comment

Originally Posted by Mark Selby Fan View Post
                I have now been on this forum for about a month.

I love playing snooker and have an 8ft table at my house with 10 reds.

My highest break was 26 before today...

But, about an hour ago, I made a break of 55!

I have a cheap Pot Black Cue that I got about 5 years ago, but never really used it until I got my table at Christmas! It has a nice oil finish and perfect balance, in other words, I love it!

I don't know how I got this break of 55. I just took my time over each shot, paused at the back and stayed down on the shot.

I just seemed to always get position on the next ball and nearly cleared the table. I potted the pink and ended up touching the black, but I still potted it after my dad had a go at it.

I don't know how I kept getting good position, I suppose I just went with my instincts as regards to position and went with the flow of it.

I am EXTREMELY PLEASED with myself, I am only 13, but I just feel amazing because I made that break of 55.

I hope that it is not just a one-off, but I have a feeling that it is?

Cheers,
                Benjamin
                your not playing the game simple enough, your trying to force the game, with to much back spin and stun, try to use more top and natural angles. this will work in time. you just have to learn to play a differant way.

Comment

Working...
                X