Need help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help!

Hi, I am new to the game have been playing about a couple of months.
    I need help with my cue. When i am playing the shaft gets sticky regularly and i usually don't have a cue towel with me.
    Is there any way to solve this?

Thanks

Originally Posted by cbutcher94 View Post
    Hi, I am new to the game have been playing about a couple of months.
    I need help with my cue. When i am playing the shaft gets sticky regularly and i usually don't have a cue towel with me.
    Is there any way to solve this?

Thanks
    Get a linth free cloth.
    Try fine grade sandpaper.
    Wipe your cue everytime after you play.
    Wash your hand and try put powder

Comment

RE: Cue Sticking

I have the same problem with my existing cue atm, after around 10-15 shots the cue feels rough like a sustance is on it, probably due to the way the cue is treated. I am not sure but i think generally cheaper cues have this problem, as more expensive cues are treated with special resins etc.

However, i just bring a small cue cloth and just use it reguraly, and make sure i wash my hands etc to make it smoother.

Hope this helps

Comment

Originally Posted by Chris Patterson View Post
        I have the same problem with my existing cue atm, after around 10-15 shots the cue feels rough like a sustance is on it, probably due to the way the cue is treated. I am not sure but i think generally cheaper cues have this problem, as more expensive cues are treated with special resins etc.

However, i just bring a small cue cloth and just use it reguraly, and make sure i wash my hands etc to make it smoother.

Hope this helps
        Cheap cues are often varnished. Use the search button there are a few threads about taking the varnish off. Decent cues will be either oil or wax finished and be much less sticky than the kind of cues you get from Argos JJB etc.
        sigpic A Truly Beakerific Long Pot Sir!

Comment

Working...
        X