Hi, new Leeds player

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi, new Leeds player

HI just to introduce myself. I play two or three times a week at Leeds Northern Snooker Centre. Highest break that I remember is 28 but I'm fairly sure I scored higher than that before I started keeping track. Nothing to boast about anyway

My current relative weaknesses are close potting (tend to think they are too easy and rush into them), and my relative strengths are positional safety plus middle-pocket potting. I'm still using house cues and playing against only one or two friends who are generally pool players and not as good so finding it hard to improve. I also find that I hit a real purple patch after about three or four pints which isn't really a good thing to rely on going forward!

Hi there ..
    Welcome aboard ...
    Just need to practice more with the correct techniques and surely your score improve.
    You can find plenty of info with the search button.

Cheers.
    Good luck

Comment

Hi and welcome Pingo , are you a Paul Hunter fan .

Comment

what is your name? I'll probably know you or i'll have seen you around :snooker:

Comment

I'm a fan of them all really but generally find it difficult to get behind individuals in sports so just watch to appreciate the good play and maybe have a few quid on at Betfair to add an edge.

Watching it on TV makes it looks so easy and was what first made me take the step up from pool, then I realised differently! In fact I expect it was in Hunter's era around 2002 when I first played, in Aberystwyth at the snooker club on the pier. A belting place there.

TGWAP.. I was in last night on table 24

Comment

Working...
          X