Yet another newbie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yet another newbie

Hello fellow snookerers.i have been playing this game for the last twenty years or so (not very well,i might add).but that doesn't stop my enthusiasm for this wonderful sport.have to thank another member of this forum (stephen povey)for giving me the link.shouldn't of mentioned him really,cuz his team, thame a,beat us,riley e, four frames to two last night.anyway,i'm glad he did because there is a wealth of info here.and thats it for the mo!:snooker:

Welcome m8.

:snooker:

Gaz.

Comment

Thank you gazza.:snooker:

Comment

Welcome to the forum Steve. Members are always interested in what type of cue others are using so If you've got time please post some details. Even a bog standard "rackie" that you've come to love is of interest.

Comment

Welcome Welcome mate..

Comment

Hi Steve there's a few of us from Oxford on here now!!
            Last edited by thorpy147; 9 March 2010, 02:26 PM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

Cheers to you all.THORPY147.you're first name wouldn't be KEN would it?If so,i remember you from morris's club.Used to play there late 70's early 80's ish.Georgie Dancer,Mick Howerd,Mossy etc.Ring a bell?:snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by Bigmeek View Post
                Welcome to the forum Steve. Members are always interested in what type of cue others are using so If you've got time please post some details. Even a bog standard "rackie" that you've come to love is of interest.
                from what iv'e seen bigmeek browsing the forum,my cue is pretty meagre to some on here.it's an o'min champion 18 and 1/2 oz 3/4 cue.:snooker:

Comment

Steve Thanks for sharing. I've seen some very nice O'Min cues and considered getting one myself a month or so ago. Just in case you don't know there's a chap on this forum who goes by the name of Unclevit. He's some sort of agent for O'min and sells to forum members. Has "special deals" for forum members from time to time. I have a Mastercraft Eclipse which I bought last year. Looking to upgrade at some stage when I can make my mind up what I want.

Comment

Not Ken but his son James!! Rang dad earlier and he was
                    at George Dancers house small world.

Comment

My dad owened the club where Rileys is now it was called the county snooker club
                      they brought it from us 10 years ago nearly to the day!!

Comment

Originally Posted by Bigmeek View Post
                        Steve Thanks for sharing. I've seen some very nice O'Min cues and considered getting one myself a month or so ago. Just in case you don't know there's a chap on this forum who goes by the name of Unclevit. He's some sort of agent for O'min and sells to forum members. Has "special deals" for forum members from time to time. I have a Mastercraft Eclipse which I bought last year. Looking to upgrade at some stage when I can make my mind up what I want.
                        just googled your cue.very nice!what's the weight? if you dont mind me asking.o'min cues are well made.but i should have bought heavier.my previous was 20 oz,but it disappeared from a club rack in a club i used years ago.prefer the extra punch.:snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by thorpy147 View Post
                          My dad owened the club where Rileys is now it was called the county snooker club
                          they brought it from us 10 years ago nearly to the day!!
                          well i'm bugger'ed!small world indeed.does dad still play at league level?and do you play in league.if your like dad you should be good.:snooker:nicespeaking with you

Comment

Originally Posted by stevegreen View Post
                            just googled your cue.very nice!what's the weight? if you dont mind me asking.o'min cues are well made.but i should have bought heavier.my previous was 20 oz,but it disappeared from a club rack in a club i used years ago.prefer the extra punch.:snooker:
                            My Eclipse is only 17.5 ozs!! Untill last year I'd played with the same 17.5ozs Powerglide cue for about 30 years so I decided to stick with the same weight for my new cue. (Got lots of advice to try something a bit heavier.) I'm not really a power shot type of player so a light cue suits me fine. Might consider moving up a bit, say 18ozs, to see how I get on. Mastercraft will make a cue to any weight you want. There's some great examples of their cues posted on this forum.

Comment

Dad hasn't played league snooker for many years and I haven't played
                              for about 5 years in the league we had a very strong side and won the premier 3 years on the bounce, I wasn't to bad played on the uk tour as it was and in the juniors and pro ams for many years maybe make a comeback one day!!

Comment

Working...
                              X