Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi everyone just joined the forum. I was looking for, well still am looking for a new cue and wanted to know where to get one from? So far I have narrowed it down to four Mike Wooldridge, John Parris, Tony Glover and Kevin Munster from northwest cues. I'm not in a hurry I want to make sure that this time I get everything just how I want it. :snooker:

Originally Posted by ashbash View Post
    hi everyone just joined the forum. I was looking for, well still am looking for a new cue and wanted to know where to get one from? So far i have narrowed it down to four mike wooldridge, john parris, tony glover and kevin munster from northwest cues. I'm not in a hurry i want to make sure that this time i get everything just how i want it. :snooker:
    hi before you buy a cue you should try it any of the above cues are great leonard from canada

Comment

Originally Posted by the montrealer View Post
      hi before you buy a cue you should try it any of the above cues are great leonard from canada
      I can’t go to mike he does not let anyone near his workshop but after reading some of the threads in this site and having to chance to see one of mikes cues when a lad who had one came to play in my club, I really think he makes a top quality product just not sure about ordering??. John parris is in London (I’m in Edinburgh)it’s a bit too far to drive plus there a loads of lads in the club who have parris cues some really good but one or two of them I’m not all that sure about ? A mate of mine is going to get a new cue from northwest cues that are in Blackpool and kev is supposed to be happy about you going to see him. I am going to give tony glover a phone sometime next week if I can go down to see him then I can take a drive down some time in the next few weeks to see them both I would really like to show them the cue I have just now I love the grain I have on my cue but the cue is too heavy and I have had a problem with a intermittent clink noise??? which usually comes when I try to play a screw shot or a delicate touch shot not all the time but just random I have had the ferrall changed the joint looked at but it’s still the same. Our season finishes in 6 or 7 weeks so I’m not in a hurry I just want to make sure I get a quality cue and not regret getting it over another one. I’m really looking forward to getting my new cue.

Comment

You can PM Mike in TSF when you got 10post or maybe
        http://www.thesnookerforum.com/board...ad.php?t=23465
        plus you can use the search button to find out more about cues and other user opinion.

All the best..

Comment

Originally Posted by Freddie Ng View Post
          You can PM Mike in TSF when you got 10post or maybe
          http://www.thesnookerforum.com/board...ad.php?t=23465
          plus you can use the search button to find out more about cues and other user opinion.

All the best..
          Hi Freddie, I sent mike an email after looking at his shop but I’m afraid that I had not made it very clear what I was after. He did replay but I felt like a real wally trying to get across what I wanted in the grain so I thought the easiest way to get over what I wanted would be to send a pitcher, but mike is quite correct when I think about it when he says in the FAQ about sending pitchers of cues "cue pictures are extremely difficult to get right and seldom show the grain etc. as clearly as can be seen in the flesh. I have wasted many hours in the past doing this. I've also sent people pictures, which they are happy with, and when they get the cue they say 'actually, I don't like this grain after all'. His vcm is back up and running so I have applied for a quote and I’m going to take a drive to northwest and Glover sometime in the next few weeks and I will see what happens from there.

Comment

ashbash Welcome to the Forum. I'm in Edinburgh too and since the Gorgie shop closed there isn't anywhere where you can pick up a good cue. Mike W's VCM is up and running now if you want to give it a go to design your own cue. I used it this morning and it worked fine. Where do you play? I'm at Locarno in Slateford.

Comment

Welcome to the Forum.

I would Strongly Suggest you Try before you Buy!

As most Cue Makers have different feel and responce to there Cues.

Gaz.

Comment

Originally Posted by Bigmeek View Post
                ashbash Welcome to the Forum. I'm in Edinburgh too and since the Gorgie shop closed there isn't anywhere where you can pick up a good cue. Mike W's VCM is up and running now if you want to give it a go to design your own cue. I used it this morning and it worked fine. Where do you play? I'm at Locarno in Slateford.
                Hi bigmeek who are you? Small world mate because that's where I play as well, even if I do play for the Shandon next door lol names martin by the way.

Comment

Originally Posted by gazza147 View Post
                  Welcome to the Forum.

I would Strongly Suggest you Try before you Buy!

As most Cue Makers have different feel and responce to there Cues.

Gaz.
                  Thanks gazza. I would really like to agree with you but the problem is if I’m going to get a cue made just how I want it, it’s going to be impossible to get a feel of it before its ready. my mate has been on the phone to kev from northwest cues and he said that we can go and have a look at what he has and I thought it would be a great chance to take my cue that I’m using just now down and see if he could try and get a similar grain.

Comment

Originally Posted by ashbash View Post
                    Hi bigmeek who are you? Small world mate because that's where I play as well, even if I do play for the Shandon next door lol names martin by the way.
                    Small world indeed! Names Mike. Wednesday 6-8 is when my mate and I play. Sometimes Friday night as well and the odd Sunday. Just play for fun really but thinking of getting a lesson from Craig McG to see if I can get any better. Can't string four pots together normally!! Sometimes have a knockabout with Glen the window cleaner. He's a regular when the weather rains him off. I was in yesterday afternoon doing a bit of practice on table 6. Young lad on table 3 was awsome. Not you? I'm a left-hander and wear snooker specs so keep you eyes peeled and say Hi.

Comment

Small world indeed! Names Mike. Wednesday 6-8 is when my mate and I play. Sometimes Friday night as well and the odd Sunday. Just play for fun really but thinking of getting a lesson from Craig McG to see if I can get any better. Can't string four pots together normally!! Sometimes have a knockabout with Glen the window cleaner. He's a regular when the weather rains him off. I was in yesterday afternoon doing a bit of practice on table 6. Young lad on table 3 was awsome. Not you? I'm a left-hander and wear snooker specs so keep you eyes peeled and say Hi.
                      Hi mike I’m in mostly during the day due to work. I play glen now and again or Ronnie it’s hard to miss me with my shinny bald head lol when I came in on Thursday Danny was playing Ronnie on table three that was about 4ish hope it was Danny you saw on Thursday because I’m the only one to beat him in the league this year lol mind you he turned me over big time a few days later playing a bounce game.
                      Robert Carlisle was playing wee Conner on table one now Robert is a really good player I watched him play Scott Mackenzie in the final of main tour event three or four Scott beat him 5-3 that night but both of them were really good but Scott just made the most of his chances really solid but so he should be think he was in the top 5o in the world a year or so back. If you’re interested in getting a bit more of a challenge then come along and join the handicap league on Thursday nights this season is nearly over but there is a summer doubles league I’m in every Thursday afternoon and a few others that I don’t tell the wife lol so if you’re interested give me a shout

Comment

Ashbash Hi Martin. I think I've seen you in the club from time to time. There's not an awful lot of folks go in during the day on a regualr basis. Same faces. From your description I think I can picture Robert and Wee Conner. Good players. There's another very distinctive guy who wears a turban. Good player also. Overheard him saying he'd got to the final of a tournament a few weeks back. I like the idea of the handicap league and will try to get involved once it starts up again. I'd like to touch base with you on Northwest Cues. I'm on the look-out for a new cue myself so would like to pick your brains. I've played with a Rex Williams Powerglide for the last 27 years and I'm not sure if changing cues will make any difference to my game. I think I just need hours and hours of practice. Be nice to own a quality cue though!!
                        I think you league guys are way too good for me to play against just now but maybe you could give me a few tips. Haven't managed to beat Glen yet but can run him close. Thats about my standard.

Comment

Ashbash Hi Martin. I think I've seen you in the club from time to time. There's not an awful lot of folks go in during the day on a regualr basis. Same faces. From your description I think I can picture Robert and Wee Conner. Good players. There's another very distinctive guy who wears a turban. Good player also. Overheard him saying he'd got to the final of a tournament a few weeks back. I like the idea of the handicap league and will try to get involved once it starts up again. I'd like to touch base with you on Northwest Cues. I'm on the look-out for a new cue myself so would like to pick your brains. I've played with a Rex Williams Powerglide for the last 27 years and I'm not sure if changing cues will make any difference to my game. I think I just need hours and hours of practice. Be nice to own a quality cue though!!
                          I think you league guys are way too good for me to play against just now but maybe you could give me a few tips. Haven't managed to beat Glen yet but can run him close. Thats about my standard.
                          That’s the whole idea of the handicap league mike it really is a leveler if you were to come in and play the doubles league which runs over the summer say it would give you so match practice which in my opinion is one of the best ways to improve your game.
                          If your still looking to get a cue then you’re more than welcome to come down to northwest cues with us when we go down some time in the next few weeks I’m waiting on my mate mark as to when we go down he is playing in the main tour events and does not want to go down till he gets knocked out so could be next week as the last 32 is this Sunday or it could be another 3 weeks time not that I want him to get beat but I really would like to go down sooner lol. I will be up tomorrow if I see you I will give you a shout.

Comment

Martin, won't manage in this Sunday. Got some Mothers day duties to attend to. Lunch and flowers etc. Hope to get in this week sometime though. Got my quotes in from Mike W via the VCM facility. Was £340 for a Shark with a single splice and £475 for a MW-01 with splice, coloured veneer and a couple of other mods. Way outside my budget. The basic Shark is £170 which is more like the figure I had in mind. Think I'll hold off on a new cue for now. Maybe there'll be some second hand ones going in the club soon!!

Comment

Martin, won't manage in this Sunday. Got some Mothers day duties to attend to. Lunch and flowers etc. Hope to get in this week sometime though. Got my quotes in from Mike W via the VCM facility. Was £340 for a Shark with a single splice and £475 for a MW-01 with splice, coloured veneer and a couple of other mods. Way outside my budget. The basic Shark is £170 which is more like the figure I had in mind. Think I'll hold off on a new cue for now. Maybe there'll be some second hand ones going in the club soon!!
                              There will be a parris ambassador 57" 19oz 30 mm butt and 9.7 mm tip, mini and telescopic extension up for sale very soon. lol plus a cuecraft superior with telescopic extension will be back up Tuesday afternoon If you want a game mike.

Comment

Working...
                              X