what is your highest break ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by trojan147 View Post
    In Practice ive had 144 and in a match ive had a 141....

Packed the game in 2 years ago and recently just picked my cue up again having the odd knock, the last time I played was a month ago and I had a 100 break, still there in glimpses which is good to know.
    Similar for me. Practice 11 x 147's, 144 match break. Match break was back in 1992 tho!

Gave up playing for almost 3yrs, started again January '09 - played for 3 weeks and gave up again ( until now ). I know... LOL...

Still good to have the odd knock and clearance.

Comment

Originally Posted by tbones147 View Post

Them days are long gone, now approaching 40 - hardly play and it is all a bit of a struggle now
      Ah man, I hear ya... that sounds so familiar!

Last edited by CoolBlue; 10 April 2010, 12:34 PM. Reason: Spelling.

Comment

my highest on training was 118 but at the tournament only 93.

little bit dispointed and shock because that was the first time i saw my father watch my first game and give me support.

he bring me a new BCE with jimmy signature at the bottom.
        that was my first cue.
        Age/Location: 18, Manjung/JB,Malaysia
        Started playing: Julai 2004]
        Highest Practice/Match Break: 118/93
        Cue: Peradon Century 18.5oz 9.5mm tip Blue diamond / BCE with jimmy white signature(my first cue)

Comment

i do think a lot of people must tell fibs when it comes to their highest breaks...if everyone's is so high then how come everytime they talk about the snooker scene in the UK they say theres not anybody coming through the rankings, if people are hitting these 130 breaks/ 100+ on a regular then wtf arent they pro? or at least somewhere on the circuit? if i can stand my own ground and my highest break is 67 then i dont know what to say!

i actually had a "bounce" match the other day, although this match was against another club player, we were playing safe and doing ou7r best not to let each other score like in a match, i managed to knock in my first century which wasnt a lineup...

107 cleareance..10 reds, 10 blacks and all colours..

i knew all that hard work playing around with reds around the black spot would pay off one day...haha

now to do it in a tournament!
          what a frustrating, yet addictive game this is....

Comment

after i read your post .

sometimes i do agree with you.

but you must understand post the meaning.

(what is your highest break ? )

we are lucky to get the highest break.

not every time we can play well.

its also depends on your thinking,luck and mentality.

trust me,the records were created not to be held.
            Age/Location: 18, Manjung/JB,Malaysia
            Started playing: Julai 2004]
            Highest Practice/Match Break: 118/93
            Cue: Peradon Century 18.5oz 9.5mm tip Blue diamond / BCE with jimmy white signature(my first cue)

Comment

Originally Posted by Luke Hooper View Post
              i do think a lot of people must tell fibs when it comes to their highest breaks...if everyone's is so high then how come everytime they talk about the snooker scene in the UK they say theres not anybody coming through the rankings, if people are hitting these 130 breaks/ 100+ on a regular then wtf arent they pro? or at least somewhere on the circuit?
              I hear you... from another perspective, as you get older you look back at when you were 'good' at something and blew it... it kinda sucks.

I do agree, ppl can make up anything on here... and depending on who reads it, to a certain degree get away with it. But it IS worse to have played at a high standard and failed, trust me

I'm fortunate to have a good job, and hardly play now... although I'd like to 'get back into it' some day, but that never happens... I guess I'm just in denial...

Keep up the work on your technique and I'm sure you'll hit your next target by next January, probably much sooner ( when you think it won't happen... it will ).

Comment

I've just hit my highest break in a match tonight against my dad. 50. Well chuffed as I've been after that 50 target for a while. I've also had breaks of 80, 83, 86 and 93 in lineups during practice. But it is tough getting that form from practice across into match situations.
                Highest break in practice: 93
                Highest break in a match: 50

Comment

Just to lower the tone.

My highest is 26, Although I've not been playing long, year or so - with a few months break here and there due to working away.

I don't get to practise half as often as I would like due to work / other commitments (the misses moaning etc etc)

Comment

my highest is 49 but i normally struggle to get 30. i have been playing snooker for years but i always play for a bit and then stop for ages then start again etc so imk not really improving much

Comment

Originally Posted by Luke Hooper View Post
                      i do think a lot of people must tell fibs when it comes to their highest breaks...if everyone's is so high then how come everytime they talk about the snooker scene in the UK they say theres not anybody coming through the rankings, if people are hitting these 130 breaks/ 100+ on a regular then wtf arent they pro? or at least somewhere on the circuit? if i can stand my own ground and my highest break is 67 then i dont know what to say!

i actually had a "bounce" match the other day, although this match was against another club player, we were playing safe and doing ou7r best not to let each other score like in a match, i managed to knock in my first century which wasnt a lineup...

107 cleareance..10 reds, 10 blacks and all colours..

i knew all that hard work playing around with reds around the black spot would pay off one day...haha

now to do it in a tournament!
                      Hi Luke, making tons and becoming good enough to be a pro are leagues apart. They make seem close but they aren't. I have had a fair few centuries but the next step up for me is enormous. Plus becoming a pro takeks money, commitment and dedication, when I was young I chose to study instead of persue snooker which I think was the right thing to do. I think there are thousands of players in the UK who could make it if money was no object and if there were prepared to move close to a torny qualifier centre. The result is the every town will have at least a couplle of players knocking in regular breaks that will finnish a frame at one visit. But few of these guys go on to give their life to snooker.
                      Forget it, Donny, you're out of your element

Comment

Originally Posted by jonplayer View Post
                        The result is the every town will have at least a couplle of players knocking in regular breaks that will finnish a frame at one visit. But few of these guys go on to give their life to snooker.
                        Spot on.

Comment

The truth of the matter is that making regular centuries doesn't make you good enough to turn pro.

If you can hold your own in a league when your highest break is 67, it's more of an indication of the general standard of your specific league than a general guide to how good you have to be to turn pro.

Anyone that's ever played at a decent level realises that the standard just keeps going up every little step you take.
                          I often use large words I don't really understand in an attempt to appear more photosynthesis.

Comment

when my eyes were perfect

147 twice , highest match break is 140 , missed final black ( bottled it in match ) these breaks made when my eyes were not completely useless like they are now lol . in last 6 months had couple of tons , but mainly 70s & 80s . :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by CoolBlue View Post
                              Similar for me. Practice 11 x 147's, 144 match break. Match break was back in 1992 tho!

Gave up playing for almost 3yrs, started again January '09 - played for 3 weeks and gave up again ( until now ). I know... LOL...

Still good to have the odd knock and clearance.

WOW 11x147's thats incredible

Comment

Originally Posted by bob1 View Post
                                WOW 11x147's thats incredible
                                It's only practice tho... many better players have knocked in crucial clearances when it mattered...

Comment

Working...
                                X