Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another newbie!

Hi Guys,
    Took up snooker again last September after 20 odd years away from it, one of the best things I have done in a long while! In the few months I have been playing I have gone from being unable to pot a plant to knocking in the odd 20 break. Yes, I know that is rubbish but 20 is a reasonable break for me guys at the moment.

The main point is that I am loving playing again, I have found a local small private club(with a bar) that were prepared to have me as a member, met some great guys who point out my mistakes 'in a nice way'(which is really great!) which, providing you are prepared to listen is invaluable help!

Got myself a new cue as well to replace my Peradon Royal, got myself a hand-made Jamie Butters one piece in Maple with Tulipwood butt which is a lovely cue, even though the lack of ash grain takes a bit of getting used to. As nice as the JB cue is, it does not stop me wanting a Mike Wooldridge cue though. Although I cannot fault my JB cue, a few of the guys in the club have MW cues and the sheer quality of them is stunning and I want one!

Glad to be here guys, sorry to have rambled on and I hope to contribute positively to this forum.

Welcome welcome

Comment

welcome kavkav,enjoy the forum.

Comment

Welcome to TSF Forum.

:snooker:

Comment

Welcome mucka

Comment

Welcome and long may you continue to enjoy. Sounds like you have landed on your feet with that club.

Comment

Welcome!
              2010 China Open number of centuries prediction contest winner!
              2010 China Open Final prediction contest winner!
              2011 Welsh Open fantasy game winner!

Comment

Welcome TSF

Comment

Working...
                X